Okta is an enterprise-grade identity management platform, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta, organizations can manage access across any application, person, or device, accelerating a world where everyone can safely use any technology. We bring simple and secure access to people and organizations everywhere.
The Developer Platform team is looking for a Staff Back-end Engineer responsible for providing tools and features that enable developers to be successful with the Okta product. Every developer knows that 3rd party tools and SaaS services are great, but you need to integrate them easily, get to production quickly, and customize them to meet the strict brand and experience requirements of the applications and services that you are building. The Developer Platform team makes this possible by building features that facilitate the customization and integration of the vast array of use cases that our customers bring to our platform.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, building, and deploying the backend services and systems that power Okta’s developer experience. Our elite team is fast, creative and flexible; with a weekly release cycle and a great sense of ownership, we expect exceptional things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, new technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of engineers to design, develop and deliver highly scalable software used daily by millions of users
- Drive evaluation, development, and roll-out of new services and applications
- Help with design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards by writing unit and functional tests.
- Collaborate with cross-functionally with QA, Product Managers, Engineering Services and Tech Ops
- Help with mentoring new engineering hires and interns
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of full stack software development experience with strongly typed language - Java, C#, or C++
- Prior experience developing public facing, RESTful APIs
- Prior experience leading a team of software engineers
Nice to Haves:
- SaaS development experience
- Customer identity experience
- MySQL and NoSQL experience
- Experience configuring and running infrastructure in a cloud provider - AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle
Education and Training:
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.