About Okta Devices
Passwordless is the future of identity and authentication. That’s why we, at Okta, have made it our goal to redefine how users authenticate to services. Our mission is to provide frictionless and secure access to all the resources that our users need on a daily basis.
We are the Okta Devices organization and we are responsible for architecting and building web services as well as client software to implement our mission. One of our main products is FastPass, which is revolutionizing how users authenticate on the web.
Check out https://www.okta.com/fastpass/
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta you can manage access across any application, person, or device. Whether the people are employees, partners, or customers, or the applications are in the cloud, on premises, or on a mobile device, Okta helps you become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance.
The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.
Okta is seeking a Fullstack Staff Engineer to join its Devices Platform Engineering group. This is an opportunity to build a Zero Friction Passwordless Identity layer at a massive scale. Ideal candidates have a passion for conceiving and building secure, scalable, and available Identity platform services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Own the problems end-to-end - from concept design to final implementation
- Influence the direction of the product design and architecture
- Collaborate with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation, and TechOps team
- Conduct design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards by writing unit and functional tests
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior engineers
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- 7+ years experience building Java based web applications
- Experience with one or more of: Spring, REST, RDBMS, Redis, Tomcat
- Experience with one or more UI technologies such as Angular, ReactJS, Backbone, Vue.
- Good understanding of design-patterns, scalability patterns, security engineering and object-oriented principles.
- Experience working in Agile software development teams leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across functions and time zones
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies (FIDO, U2F, WebAuthn, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
- Experience with Spring and Hibernate
- Experience working with Mobile Apps