We are looking for an experienced software test engineer to join our fast growing Hybrid Access Team. The software this team creates is enabling a world where organizations can reinforce their security perimeter by adding support for management, authorization and access to networks, VPNs, and other company wifi networks.
The ideal candidate is passionate about identity, has experience with large scale enterprise software, and has direct experience in testing authentication, identity, security, policies, and access management. In this role you will be part of product quality engineering ensuring product releases are completed with the highest quality and reliability using automation at every level for fast, robust and secure releases.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Review requirements and design specs to develop relative test plans and test cases
- Review application code, identify bug and other areas of weakness, architects tools for future coverage
- Work with engineering and QA management to scope and plan engineering efforts
- Communicate and document QE plans for scrum teams to review
- Automate all critical features to maintain zero-debt cadence
- Release features with solid quality
- Interface with Dev, Product Management, Documentation and UX teams
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years of software test experience for highly-reliable, mission- critical software
- Good understanding of software engineering, test methodologies and automation tools
- Experience with Selenium and/or API testing (preferably in Java)
- Able to write and review designs and code with other team members
- Able to deliver well-designed high-quality code on time
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and provide input
Education and Training:
- BS Computer Science or related experience
- Experience in multi-factor authentication or security technologies is a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.