At Okta, we’re always innovating across the entire identity landscape, and our customers are always asking to do more with us. As the pace of change in the cloud continues at a rapid pace, the ability to move fast is a competitive advantage. To fund this continuous innovation, Okta has created an incubation program, building and nurturing new products and businesses internally. These projects are given the freedom to build independently like a startup, with the backing support of the Okta organization – the best of both worlds.
The inaugural incubation project, currently in stealth mode, is focused on making cloud infrastructure security simple and accessible for everyone who interfaces with it. With such a grand vision, we’re looking to assemble an amazing team of strategic go-getters with a relentless focus on execution. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be a crucial part of the core team building a new product from the ground up, with a focus on implementing the full stack architecture, APIs, and service layers, and assembling management dashboard components. Our team is working with cutting edge web & cloud technologies including Rust, Web Assembly (WASM), NextJS, and TailwindCSS. This is a unique opportunity to get in at the ground level for a highly visible and expansive career opportunity, with an incredible support system in the Okta organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle, contributing to and taking ownership of key production services
- Provide guidance on technology choices, architecture design, and development patterns.
- Interface with Product Management and Product Design to create specifications and design user experiences
- Utilize best practices during development including robust testing and security considerations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years of software development experience building highly available, performant, resilient, and scalable systems
- Hands-on experience across the full stack, specifically Rust and TypeScript
- Understanding of ReactJS and TailwindCSS
- Knowledge/experience working with Web Assembly or equivalent embedded systems programming
- Knowledge/experience operating and/or securing AWS or equivalent environments
- Knowledge/experience with building Infrastructure as Code using Terraform or equivalent
Okta is an equal opportunity employer
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.