Okta is the leading provider of identity and access management for enterprises. Every day, Okta enables millions of users to securely and seamlessly access their work resources to be productive. Using the device's information and context are an important part of Okta's strategy to improve security and enhance the experience of the users. We build client software that deeply integrates with platform capabilities and third party security vendors to guarantee secure access. We also use platform capabilities to delight the users who access the resources that they need without requiring to enter their password. Our team builds impactful products for Okta's customers.
Come join our team and develop products that help our customers everyday!
We are looking for a passionate and experienced software development engineer to join our Windows Platform team. The ideal candidate should have solid experience in Windows software development and be enthusiastic about writing Windows client software. The role gives the candidate a great opportunity to learn about interesting problems in the security and identity space. It also has a lot of visibility within Okta and has great growth potential.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation and UX.
- Analyze/Refine Requirements with Product Management and Engineering for prototyping Windows client components.
- Create and review technical designs and proposals.
- Implement software components and unit/functional tests.
- Review software design and peers' code.
- Experience working in Agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Hands-on experience in writing C++, C# code.
- Experience with debugging tools on Windows platform such as windbg.
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with Windows interprocess communication (COM, Pipes, RPC, Windows Sockets, Credential Manager, Windows Login Service) and potentially kernel debugging.
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, WebAuth, SSO, SAML, Kerberos , OAuth, Federation, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of software development experience..
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.