Title of Job: Staff Technical Product Solutions Engineer
Role Located in: San Francisco or San Jose
Reports to: Manager/Director of Engineering
Okta is the foundation for secure connections between people and technology. By harnessing the power of the cloud, Okta allows people to access applications on any device at any time, while still enforcing strong security policies. It integrates directly with an organization’s existing directories and identity systems, as well as 4,000+ applications.
Because Okta runs on an integrated platform, organizations can implement the service quickly at large scale and low total cost. More than 2,000 customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Chiquita, LinkedIn, MGM Resorts International and Western Union, trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue and stay secure.
Okta is seeking a Technical Product Solutions engineer. One of the primary goals of this position is to help our customers and partners deploy, configure, integrate, and use our apps into their organizations. As a Technical Product Solutions Engineer, you will work closely with multiple teams at Okta (Customer Success, Marketing, Engineering, QA, Documentation, Support, etc) to gather customer requirements, define content outline to meet such requirements, create a proof of concept, review, test, and help produce deployment guides. We are looking for an engineer with field experience who posseses domain knowledge of how Okta or similar Identity Management products are deployed, configured and used (particularly for Workflows, HR as a Master, OIDC, SAML, SCIM, etc.). If you are someone with a passion for learning new technologies and want to help us drive adoption and ubiquity of our products and platform, this is the place for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Closely work with the Engineering and documentation teams to learn about new apps that are ready to be released and identify the type of documentation to be produced for quick user adoption of such apps.
- Work closely with the Customer success, PM, and Business Development teams to gather customer requirements for the existing and new apps.
- Identify, develop, review, test, and produce accurate and effective technical deployment documentation, in close collaboration with engineering, product management, and documentation teams.
- Analyze customer feedback before and after producing the documentation, and enhance quality of the content accordingly. Analyze the usefulness and accuracy of the existing content from time to time.
- Contribute to the internal initiatives to enhance documentation standards and processes. This may include defining effective content architecture and UX for Documentation.
- This is a new position within Okta and duties and responsibilities may change over time, leading to many exciting growth possibilities.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of Technical hands-on experience in the field of Identity and Access Management (Okta or similar Identity Management products) – experience of deploying apps and troubleshooting in that process is a plus
- 2+ years of relevant experience in writing technical documentation for Cloud based and/or Enterprise products is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to gather user requirements and to manage stakeholders across organizations
- Ability to identify opportunities and challenges with constant evaluation to foster innovation to mitigate impediments and drive success
- Experience with identity, provisioning, or single sign on a plus
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technical and/or Professional Writing or equivalent work experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work