As a Staff Technical Program Manager in the Engineering Infrastructure & Security TPM Team, you are in a leadership position within the Engineering organization – to partner with various groups across Engineering, Security & Compliance, and Product Management to build and deliver key initiatives in support of Okta’s product security. You will be the point person to clarify strategic goals, detailed requirements, architectural solutions, and execution plans. You will work within and across scrum teams to prioritize and execute on key objectives. Employing both a strategic and tactical approach is a requirement in this role. You will not only have strong TPM experience driving security initiatives, but also experience implementing operational and process improvements in a SaaS and agile environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure, kick-off, and run continuous and/or time-bound security & compliance or infrastructure programs within and beyond the Engineering organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining program process flows, and providing continuous transparency.
- Project manage security initiatives within and beyond Engineering, across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Champion the adoption of agile best practices within Engineering Infrastructure.
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Provide clear and crisp transparency to the status and progress of security initiatives.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 3 years of technical program management experience in a SaaS product development environment – kicking off and managing cross-organizational programs
- Minimum 3 years of technical project management experience in a SaaS product development environment – working hand-in-hand with Engineers to deliver
- Experience with delivering security or compliance initiatives within Engineering organizations preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication; experience effectively communicating and presenting to teams located across different locations and people ranging from individual team members to C-level executives.
- Strong leadership skills; able to successfully influence without authority
- Strong technical aptitude/affinity; experience working directly with software, test and/or system engineers
- Self-starter; able to work well in an ambiguous and constantly changing, fast paced environment
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Training in Agile and Scrum
((Colorado, New York, Washington only*) Minimum Base Salary $135,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.