We are looking for a Technical Release Manager to join our Engineering organization. In this critical role, you will report to the Sr. Manager, Technical Release Management and partner closely with Release Engineering, QE, Operations, and other engineering teams and be the point person for communicating release information across the enterprise. In this hands-on leadership role, you will significantly contribute to the evolution and scale of our release processes enabling us to deliver value to our customers efficiently and seamlessly. A successful candidate will have significant release and project management experience working in a fast-paced software or systems development environment.
- Facilitate the end-to-end release process
- Manage operational infrastructure and configuration deployments
- Manage Feature Release Readiness
- Identify technical or process improvement opportunities and partner with engineering or customer facing teams to implement them
- Ensure on-time delivery of high-quality releases
- Communicate plans, status, and issues with all stakeholders
- Maintain awareness of high-risk changes and steps to mitigate them
- Continuously improve the release processes and strengthen the definition of release readiness
- Partner with Release & Test Engineering teams to improve code change control processes
- 5+ years’ experience with Feature Release Readiness processes and approach
- Experience working with agile release cycles
- Release management experience in a SaaS or Cloud Service
- Experience working in a fast-moving, changing environment
- Experience leading cross-functional teams through software or systems upgrades
- Able to communication effectively with engineers and non-technical teams
- Experience developing relationships and influencing and motivating others
- A Bachelor’s degree or related experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.