Okta is seeking a Technical Writer who is a seasoned communicator with a passion for teaching others through written communication of technical content. Someone who has experience in making complex things easy to understand and the curiosity to investigate new technology.
As a technical writer for Okta products, you will work on providing a positive content experience by guiding IT administrators to perform key tasks, such as setup, policy configuration, provisioning, and user/group management using Okta’s product portfolios. This will include writing conceptual and product documentation, configuration and deployment guides, architectural diagrams, and tutorials to enable them to successfully leverage Okta’s products. You will be working closely with members across the Engineering, Product Management, QA, Support, and Customer Success teams to understand the product new features and enhancements, real world usecases where Identity and Access Management features are used, and customer requirements and feedback to produce and maintain documentation.
If you are someone who has a passion for learning new technologies and want to help us drive adoption and ubiquity of our products and platform, this is the place for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, edit, and produce accurate and effective technical documentation for Okta products.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Management, QA, Support, and other members of the Documentation team to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
- Analyze customer feedback before and after producing the documentation, and enhance quality of the content accordingly.
- Contribute to the internal initiative to enhance documentation standards, content architecture, website presentation, and processes.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in writing technical documentation for Cloud and/or Enterprise products. Practical experience in topic-based writing, minimalism, and scenario-driven development
- Knowledge or experience of Okta or similar Identity and Access Management products and technology
- Strong ability to understand practical applicability of security products in the real world and produce use case-based content
- Experience using Madcap Flare or similar authoring tool
- knowledge of Git or Github experience
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation for global audience
Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technical and/or Professional Writing, or a related degree
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work