Technical Writer, Okta Integration Network
Number of positions: 1
Okta is seeking a Technical Writer who is a seasoned communicator with a passion for teaching others through written communication of technical content. Someone who has experience in making complex things easy to understand and the curiosity to investigate new technology.
As a technical writer, you will work on providing a positive content experience to our users. You will be particularly focusing on content for Developer Experience for the Okta Integration Network (OIN). This will include writing guides for conceptual information, Workflow, HR as a Master, OIDC, SCIM, etc. to enable the Partner Developers to successfully leverage Okta’s products.
If you are someone who has a passion for learning new technologies and want to help us drive adoption and ubiquity of our products and platform, this is the place for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design, develop, edit, and produce accurate and effective technical documentation for Okta Integration Network for Partner Developers, in close collaboration with engineering , product management, and documentation teams.
· Work closely with engineering, product, QA, and support teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
· Analyze customer feedback before and after producing the documentation, and enhance quality of the content accordingly.
· Contribute to the internal initiative to enhance documentation standards and processes.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· 2+ years of relevant experience in writing technical documentation for Cloud and/or Enterprise products. Practical experience in topic-based writing, minimalism, and scenario-driven development
· Knowledge of API reference and developer’s documentation
· Git or Github experience is a plus
· Knowledge of Identity and Access Management products and technology is a plus
· Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation
Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technical and/or Professional Writing, or a related degree
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work