Okta is seeking a Technical Writer who is a seasoned communicator with a passion for teaching others through written communication of technical content. Someone who has experience in making complex things easy to understand and the curiosity to investigate new technology.
As a technical writer on the team, you will work on providing a positive content experience by guiding IT administrators to perform key tasks, such as setup, policy configuration, provisioning, and user/group management using Okta’s product porfolios. This will include writing conceptual and product documentation, configuration and deployment guides, API reference docs, architectural diagrams, and tutorials to enable them to successfully leverage Okta’s products.
If you are someone who has a passion for learning new technologies and want to help us drive adoption and ubiquity of our products and platform, this is the place for you!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Drive the strategy and planning for product documentation in collaboration with engineering teams.
* Define and plan content projects, set targets, and measure success and effectiveness of deliverables leveraging Agile methodology.
* Work closely with engineering, product, QA, and support teams to ensure quality and accuracy of content.
* Design, develop, edit, and produce technical and deployment documentation.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* 5+ years experience in writing, technical documentation for Cloud and/or Enterprise products. Practical experience in topic-based writing, minimalism, and scenario-driven development
* Strong knowledge of Identity and Access Management products and technology
* Strong ability to understand practical applicability of security products in the realworld and produce usecase-based content
* Solid knowledge of system administration tasks on Windows and Mac platforms, including role administration, system and mobile configurations, rule and policy management, security, and distributed deployment
* Knowledge of API reference and developer’s documentation a plus
* Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation
* Madcap Flare and Git or Github experience
* Familiarity with KCS and Salesforce Knowledge a plus
Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technical and/or Professional Writing, or a related degree
Okta is an equal opportunity employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work