Okta is looking for a Test Engineering Architect. This role operates as a technical, hands-on facilitator in the Quality Organization and is a strategic participant across inter-dependent software development efforts. The ideal candidate cares deeply about efficiency in the software development process and has demonstrated experience leveraging best-of-breed tools and frameworks to deliver complete automated test suites. They will own test architecture for Okta’s Identity Management engineering efforts and partner with various groups to drive cross functional initiatives. We strive to make our customers successful by empathizing with end users, customers and partners. We work with them to understand their use cases, then partner with teams to build test strategies and plans to support functional and service requirements. We respond quickly to flakey and expensive tests to minimize impact to our teams that depend on them, working together on automation processes and best practices.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying and defining strategic and productivity initiatives to improve quality and velocity of the organization
- Partner with dev to define engineering (integration) use cases and testability requirements
- Express a strong, coherent vision for the execution of automated test scripts and validation of product requirements
- Help developers and quality engineers work together towards a common vision of quality
- Architect the design, modification, development, and implementation of test automation frameworks
- Partner with the Engineering Productivity Team to optimize the CI pipeline and dev experience
- Responsible for improvements to quality of tests and test coverage
- Execute practical application of Agile components (user stories, stand-ups, sprints, etc.)
- Participate in scrum, daily stand-up, sprint and iterative development activities
- Participate in design reviews for tests, feature development, micro-services and reliability
- Extend tool capabilities and integrate with other technologies by coding interfaces, new functions, custom objects, etc.
- 7+ years of software development background
- 5+ years of manual & automation testing experience of n-tier applications
- 5+ years of experience working in an iterative software development lifecycle
- 5+ years hands-on experience developing automation tools, framework, continuous integration and build automation systems
- Expert level hands on experience with automation for microservices, APIs, Selenium Webdriver using Java
- Expert level on any RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of scale and performance testing
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytic skills in a multi-tier SaaS environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong knowledge and understanding of continuous delivery pipelines and tools
- Continuous delivery pipeline integration approaches for testing automation
- Experience working in a highly automated enterprise class software environment preferably of scale with thousands of tests going through a gated CI pipeline
- Experience testing identity management or security software, Active Directory, O365 or MS Apps integration and other industry leading application integration is a plus
Education and Training:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.