Okta is looking for an Infrastructure Test Engineering Architect who will report to the Director, Quality Engineering. This role operates as a technical, hands-on facilitator and is a strategic participant across inter-dependent software/tools development efforts in the Okta’s Infrastructure Teams.
The ideal candidate cares deeply about efficiency in the software development process and has experience leveraging best-of-breed tools and frameworks to deliver complete automated test suites. You will own test architecture for Okta’s Infrastructure and Technical Operations Engineering efforts and partner with various groups to drive cross functional initiatives.
We strive to make our customers successful by empathizing with end users, customers and partners. We work with them to understand their use cases, then partner with teams to build test strategies and plans to support functional and service requirements. We respond quickly to flakey and expensive tests to minimize impact to our teams that depend on them, working together on automation processes and best practices.
- Responsible for identifying and defining strategic and productivity initiatives to improve quality and velocity of the organization
- Partner with development to define engineering infrastructure components and their use cases with testability requirements
- Structure a coherent vision for the execution of automated test scripts and validation of product requirements
- Help developers and quality engineers work together towards a common vision of quality
- Architect the design, modification, development, and implementation of test automation frameworks
- Partner with the Engineering Productivity Team to optimize the CI pipeline and dev experience
- Responsible for improvements to quality of tests and test coverage
- Execute practical application of Agile components (user stories, stand-ups, sprints, etc.)
- Participate in scrum, daily stand-up, sprint and iterative development activities
- Participate in design reviews for tests, feature development, micro-services and reliability
- Extend tool capabilities and integrate with other technologies by coding interfaces, new functions, custom objects, etc.
- 10+ years of software development background
- 7+ years of manual & automation testing experience of n-tier applications
- 7+ years of experience working in an iterative software development lifecycle
- 7+ years hands-on experience developing automation tools, framework, continuous integration and build automation systems
- Expert level experience with automation for microservices, APIs, Selenium Webdriver using Java
- Expert level on any RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of scale and performance testing
- Problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytic skills in a multi-tier SaaS environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must have experience with some of the following technologies and services
- Cloud based Infrastructure as a Service (especially AWS)
- Container based service schedulers (e.g., Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Configuration management systems (Chef/Puppet)
- Log management tools (Splunk/Sumologic/Kibana)
- Monitoring systems (Nagios, Zabbix, Wavefront, AppDynamics, NewRelic)
Education: B.S. in Computer Science, or related field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer