We are looking for an experienced software architect who is passionate about building large-scale, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will play a leading role in the Plugins team which is developing our Okta Browser Plugin. The candidate will share our passion and great pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in UX design, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high quality next generation enterprise software.
- Analyze and refine Requirements with Product Management for the browser extensions
- Work with user experience designers and system architects to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Develop and maintain the browser extensions
- Develop reusable code and architecture that works across different browsers and platforms
- Develop unit and functional tests.
- Troubleshoot customer issues.
- Mentor and guide the team members on technical decisions.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years’ experience with cross browser development in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari and/or IE browsers
- Understanding of browser extension delivery mechanisms such as Chrome Web Store, Firefox Addons, Microsoft Edge Add-ons store and Apple App Store
- Working exok, let me perience with HTML and CSS including how to work around browser quirks
- Experience in RESTful API design
- Good grasp of software engineering designs, principles, and practices
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience in authentication, identity, single sign-on, security a plus
- Familiarity with Micro-service architecture development and management a plus
- Experience with AWS/Cloud data services a plus
- Experience with C++ or Objective-C or Java
Education and Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.