We are looking for an experienced front-end software engineer to join the team that develops Okta’s Identity Lifecycle Management product. The team is responsible for designing and building a large-scale distributed platform for managing and synchronizing all related user and application data between Okta and external directories and applications. We are looking for smart, innovative and passionate engineers to join the team and help craft the future of Identity Lifecycle Management in the era of cloud.
You will share our passion and great pride in elegant solutions and will join an engineering team that strongly believes in UX design, rigorous code reviews, automated testing, and an iterative process to build high-quality next-generation enterprise software. You will partner with product management and user experience to analyze and reference requirements for front-end features and UI. You will work with engineering management and other back-end teams to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies.
Our elite team is fast, innovative and flexible; with a weekly, agile release cycle and individual ownership. We expect great things from our engineers and reward them with stimulating new projects, emerging technologies and the chance to have significant equity in a company that is about to change the cloud computing landscape forever.
• Working experience with HTML and CSS, including the ability to work around the nuances of the most popular browsers
• Excellent grasp of software engineering principles
• Prior experience working on other UI technologies (e.g. JSP) highly desirable
• Prior experience with or understanding REST (or designing API’s) highly desirable
• Experience with Java or other strongly typed languages a plus
• Experience with any of the following is a plus: network security, encryption, authentication and authorization, SAML, OAuth, OpenID connect
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field
An overview of our Tech Stack:
• We use open source frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring and Backbone.js
• We run on best of breed infrastructure including MySQL, Tomcat, GitHub, Memcached, Redis, Kinesis and Elasticsearch
• We make extensive use of virtualization and containers: AWS, Vagrant, Docker
• Our weekly production releases are made possible by Continuous Integration and sophisticated build, test and release automation leveraging Maven, webpack, yarn, Artifactory, Chef, Ansible
• We participate in the OpenSource community with the likes of https://github.com/okta/okta-auth-js
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.