We are looking for a passionate and experienced Windows software engineer to join our Okta Verify/FastPass team. The ideal candidate should have solid experience in Windows software development and be enthusiastic about writing Windows client software. The role gives the candidate an excellent opportunity to learn about interesting problems in security and identity space. It also has a lot of visibility within Okta and has great growth potential.
Okta is the leading provider of identity and access management for enterprises. Every day, Okta enables millions of users to securely and seamlessly access their work resources to be productive. Using the device's information and context is an important part of Okta's strategy to improve security and enhance the experience of the users. We build client software that deeply integrates with platform capabilities and third-party security vendors to guarantee secure access. We also use platform capabilities to delight the users to access the resources that they need without requiring them to enter their passwords. Our team is a fast-growing and impactful team in Okta. Come join our team and develop products that help our customers every day.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop WPF/UWP applications and services on the Windows platform
- Building UI component on Windows client
- Implement unit/functional tests
- Review software design and peer's code
- Interface with QA, Product Management, Technical Support, Documentation, and UX
- Experience working in an agile software development team leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Strong development skills in the Windows Desktop applications and services including WPF and UWP applications
- Hands-on experience in writing C++, C# code
- Experience with debugging tools such as Windbg
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Windows interprocess communication (COM, Pipes, RPC, Windows Sockets) and potentially kernel debugging is desirable
- An understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and architecture (FIDO, U2F, WebAuth, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.) is desirable.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 2+ years of software development experience building enterprise software on the Windows platform.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. More than 15,800 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, T-Mobile, Takeda, Teach for America, and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy/.
From a competitive salary, equity, and employee stock purchasing plan to professional development resources and flexible PTO, Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us