Title: Benefits Operations Specialist
Location: Remote Eligible
- Post in: Tampa, FL, Atlanta, GA, Charlotte, NC, PIttsburgh & Philadelphia, PA, Denver, CO, Austin, TX, Chicago, IL & SF, CA
Okta is looking for a Benefits Operations Specialist to help us scale our global benefits processes. You will be a key member of the People Operations team focused on delivering an exceptional employee experience and driving efficiencies across the People Operations & Benefits teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with great customer service skills and broad knowledge of global employee benefits programs & processes. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to grow their career and work in a dynamic, rapidly growing company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for global employee benefits questions
- Answer routine benefits inquiries and requests through our case management platform, ServiceNow, while appropriately escalating complex cases to the global benefits team
- Benefits inquiries include topics such as: medical, dental, vision, pre-tax spending accounts (US), 401k, pension/retirement programs, and others.
- Inquiries will be related to US/domestic programs + Canada, EMEA & APAC.
- Support leave of absence inquiries/requests and provide administrative support to the global benefits team
- Support new hire benefits enrollment processes in the US & globally
- Utilize Workday & ServiceNow data to identify benefits inquiry trends and operational weaknesses. Translate trends into action plans with the goal of improving employee experience & self-service
- Document benefits operations processes and determine which processes can be managed by our offshore Manilla team
- Partner with the benefits team to understand upcoming policy and program changes
- Maintain and update benefits Total Rewards site and related wiki pages
- Support benefits audits as needed
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in benefits administration
- Knowledge of global employee benefits, leave management & payroll programs
- Previous experience working in Workday & ServiceNow is highly desired
- Experience working in a high-speed, global technology company preferred
- Previous experience in remotely onboarding and working remotely is highly preferred
- Ability to work cross-functionally, take initiative and meet multiple deadlines.
- Outstanding customer service, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and must gravitate easily to new technology
- Experience with using vlookup, pivot table functions in Excel