Okta is looking for a Benefits Specialist to support our Global Benefits Team. The Benefits Specialist is an integral partner in providing customer service to our employees. The ideal person will be a self-starter with great customer services skills, have excellent time management skills, be able to effectively organize, prioritize and execute multiple tasks, and an ability to manage a high volume of tasks with little supervision. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to broaden their experience and work in a dynamic, rapidly growing company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position handles routine benefits inquiries and requests, while appropriately escalating complex cases to the Global Benefits Manager
- Support leave of absence, inquiries, requests and provide administration support to Global Benefits Manager
- Act as a point of contact in planning and organizing benefits events such open enrollment, health fairs, and wellness education initiatives
- Conduct new hire benefits on-boarding
- Create Workday reporting for compliance reporting (ACA, SFHCSO)
- Maintain and report weekly/monthly eligibility to global brokers for joiners and leavers
- Maintain and update benefits wiki page
- File online workers compensation claim reporting
- Distribute annual compliance notices to employees
- Support with benefits audits as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 years experience in benefits administration, Human Resources operation or leave administration role
- Knowledge of the employee benefits and leave management function and other areas of human resources
- Ability to work cross-functionally and take initiative in a dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite, with a focus on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Workday proficiency a plus
- Experience working in the high-tech industry preferred
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.