Okta is seeking a Business Process Architect to join our Enterprise Systems team to play a key role in designing robust, scalable and efficient business practices and operational processes to support Okta’s strategy. The ideal candidate will have passion to identify and solve unstructured problems and opportunities and lead the development of comprehensive strategies and business solutions. You are a stickler for delivering with quality. You will lead enterprise wide initiatives and partner with colleagues in Business Operations, Sales, Finance, IT and other teams to identify and implement business operation transformation that will enable Okta to meet its strategic goals. A successful track record of supporting and guiding SaaS sales operation, finance operation for an organization of Okta size and during hyper growth phase will be ideal for this role.
Roles and Responsibility
- Create business architecture models demonstrating how products, business operations and IT systems interoperate within Okta.
- Prepare business requirement documents for major initiatives that will be formally endorsed by the relevant business process owners. You will ensure that the necessary IT technical requirement documents for such initiatives are prepared and formally endorsed by relevant IT system owners.
- Analyze the current processes and define the improvement plans for Sales Operation, Sales Forecasting, Partner Operation and Territory management.
- Work with Business operation, Sales, Finance and other cross-functional business leaders to build efficient and scalable processes and metrics for Quote to Cash, Record to Report processes.
- Document both the ‘as is’ and ‘as delivered’ state of business processes impacted by major initiatives and ensure that the ‘as delivered’ version of such processes is maintained for future reference.
- Provide overall direction, guidance and definition of business architecture to effectively support Okta business strategy.
- Provide architectural oversight to projects; ensure requirements are in alignment with business strategies and business architecture roadmap/framework.
- Partner with multi-functional teams to develop implementation plans with the goal being to lead both the strategy and execution elements of the SaaS Business Operation function.
- Plan organizational change management activities with business enablement teams associated with the introduction of new business processes or IT capabilities.
- You are a “doer” and not just “theoretical thinker”.
- BA/BS degree in a science or engineering discipline or equivalent experience is required. Experience working in a systems implementation practice, management consulting firm, or high-growth startup environment is a plus.
- 10-15 years of related experience in management consulting, operations management, or similar position at a fast-growing SaaS technology company supporting Sales and Business Operation teams.
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing and supporting enterprise wide business operation processes/model to drive efficiency and scale using systems like Salesforce, NetSuite, Marketo, Gainsight, Workday etc. While in-depth experience with any specific application platform is not required, the successful candidate should be sufficiently knowledgeable to map business requirements against the technical capabilities of common SaaS business applications.
- 5+ years of experience in supporting and enhancing major enterprise business processes like Quote to Cash, Record to Report, Recruit to Retire in a high growth organization.
- Broad knowledge of common business practices within the technology industry is required. The successful candidate may have a specialization in front office or back office operations but should be sufficiently knowledgeable in both to participate in a wide variety of strategic business initiatives. Prior working experience in the SaaS industry is strongly preferred.
- The ability to define and document business processes in a systematic manner is required.
- Experience planning the organizational change management programs that typically accompany strategic business initiatives is required.
- Familiarity with the implications of SOX, ISO, HIPAA, FedRAMP and GDPR regulations for the day-to-day management of IT systems is a plus. Strict compliance with these standards is expected in all of Okta’s business operations.
- Must be able to anticipate and resolve the tactical issues involved in planning and implementing major initiatives while ensuring the delivery of strategic business results. Exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively across functional departments and management hierarchies. A proven track record of working effectively on virtual teams is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with C-level executives and engage them in resolving the tradeoffs and implications that are routinely encountered in translating broadly stated business objectives into explicit business outcomes.
- Proven track record of supporting Field Operations, Business Operation (Territory management, Deal Desk, Sales Forecasting) and Channel Sales.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic start up environment as well as a mid to large enterprise.
- Strong leadership skills • Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Experienced with people management, leading and mentoring team will be preferred.
- Program Management and/or Six Sigma experience a plus.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work