Okta is seeking an experienced professional who will take ownership and responsibility for the order management of the partner channel to provide leadership and effective management of processes, foster a positive and energetic work atmosphere, and maintain a cross functional relationship between the channel sales and partner organization, channel marketing, finance, IT and other relevant business partners. This individual should have strong project management skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced and changing organization, and experience building & leading projects from ideation to incubation through execution.
Day to day responsibilities will include partnering with Sales, Field Alliance, Deal Desk, and our partners on all capacities related to channel orders and customer provisioning. The role will have a dual focus on (1) problem solving/increasing Channel Sales Order accuracy and (2) transaction processing and optimization.
This individual will help define the requirements and help manage the development of key partner tools, systems and processes. The ideal candidate is a solution-oriented individual, who has strong experience in skillfully managing projects with cross-functional teams.
This role will report to the Director of Revenue Operations.
- Own the review all incoming channel orders for completeness, accuracy, and compliance to company bookings and revenue recognition guidelines
- Ability to establish, optimize, and scale the channel order management process
- Work with Sales and our partners as it relates to order issues and reach timely resolution
- Continue to develop the partnership with Sales, Field Alliances, Deal Desk, Renewals, Collections, Legal, and Revenue departments
- Review and evaluate current deal closure policies and procedures and challenging those items that delay or complicate deal closure, invoicing, revenue recognition, commissions, and collections workflows. Providing a reasonable and creative solution to improve workflows based on analysis
- Develop and document controls and procedures
- Lead and assist in special projects as assigned; preparing timely and accurate results
- Partner with Deal Desk to provide input and recommendations on non-standard deals based on billing and revenue objectives
- Assist with creation and preparation of schedules and reports regarding key metrics for management review
- Coordinate with Billing and Collections team to resolve all channel invoicing issues in a timely manner
- Investigate and resolve all subscription/order related issues
- Maintain current processes and implement improvements to enhance partner experience, increase partner autonomy and accelerate sales cycles
- Collaborate with Channel organization on the design and implementation of a partner portal infrastructure.
- Identify, track and resolve systems and reporting issues related to channel business
- Manage channel systems projects through all phases of the development cycle; from analysis, modeling, and design through implementation and tracking metrics for success and systems evolution
- Define and document requirements and scope for operational execution
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Finance, Accounting – a plus) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4+ years managerial experience in Revenue Operations, Channel Operations, or similar
- 6-8 years of experience in Revenue Operations, Channel Operations, Sales Operations, or similar
- Channel SaaS experience required
- Familiarity with basic channel models and best practices
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization while adhering to tight deadlines with a positive demeanor
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance
- Strong verbal, written communication skills and ability to deal with conflict resolution
- Salesforce, SalesForce CPQ, and Netsuite experience a plus
- Extreme attention to detail
- Intermediate knowledge of excel (pivot tables, Vlookups, etc.)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work