The Chicago Workplace Site Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day operations in our facility, managing vendors and building relationships with key stakeholders in the office to deliver on the Okta workplace experience. The successful candidate will excel at working independently and in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This position requires strong analytical skills, a comfort with facilitating cross-functional meetings to interface regularly with business representatives, supporting a neighborhood real estate strategy, as well as an ability to articulate strategies and solutions.
Job Duties include:
- Complete responsibility and oversight of day-to-day operations of facilities ranging from janitorial, to life-safety, space planning, food and beverage, events and all services in-between
- Manage Chicago’s budget – forecasting, actual vs budget, variance, expense and cash accruals, procurement policies, etc.
- Responsible for the cost-effective management of service contracts. Responsible for periodic and ongoing performance and financial review, conducting RFP’s, and assuring monthly and quarterly performance reviews of staff and vendors
- Partner with landlord property managers and all key workplace services vendors, contractors and suppliers in support of our tenancy
- Coordinate all Chicago Workplace vendor contracts, RFPs responses and selections
- Provide operational support to Real Estate and Design + Build team managing Chicago-based construction projects
- Responsible for being the local leader for driving culture, and building events in Chicago
- Working with global team to implement environmental health and safety programs, with a focus on emergency preparedness in the office
- Support the Workplace Technologies and IT departments as needed for daily operational activities
- Work closely with Human Resources and Recruiting Teams to ensure that candidate visits and the Chicago new hire experience is aligned with Okta’s first-class experience
- Directly manage all relocations, new hire set-ups and employee terminations in Chicago
- Directly owns and manages the maintenance programs relating to the interior conditions and appearance and operation of the facilities
- Put in place programs that can scale with the company over time
Education, Work Experience and Miscellaneous:
- 5-7+ years of experience in a Workplace/Facilities role
- College Degree preferred
- Position is an "on-call 24/7” role with presence in the office M – F, 8am – 5pm expected
- Must have strong management and leadership skills and experience with managing relationships with cross functional teams
- Excellent technical, interpersonal, and analytical skills required
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Strong computer and systems knowledge – including ticketing and space management software, Concur, MS Suite etc.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.