Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our growing commercial legal team. The Commercial Counsel will play a key role in supporting our commercial sales team and growing customer base in structuring and negotiating outbound technology commercial agreements as part of net-new, expansion and add-on opportunities.
This position will be remote and successful candidate must reside within the Central or Eastern Time Zone.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a primary attorney and trusted partner in supporting our commercial sales team and renewals teams to drive and close outbound, commercial transactions.
- Negotiate master subscription agreements for the licensing of Okta’s Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products.
- Negotiate other types of commercial agreements such as nondisclosure agreements, professional services agreements, amendments, assignments and product specific terms.
- Provide day-to-day commercial legal support, business focused counseling, and advice to sales leaders.
- Partner with revenue and sales operations, deal desk, product teams, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal corporate policies and processes.
- Handle a variety of ad-hoc projects across the department supporting business, legal, and strategic corporate initiatives.
- Champion Okta’s core values.
- 4+ years of relevant commercial transaction experience (either in-house and/or law firm) reviewing, negotiating and closing outbound, B2B SaaS subscription agreements, technology licenses, data privacy agreements and professional services agreements including accompanying statements of work
- J.D. from highly regarded school with strong academic background and local bar admission.
- Experience working in a high-growth tech environment is preferred.
- Familiarity with intellectual property law, cloud computing information and security issues.
- Familiarity with revenue recognition issues and working with revenue and sales operations teams
- Excellent communicator, strong negotiator and detail oriented drafting skills
- Highly responsive, accountable, growth mindset and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with a variety of internal clients and business partners
- Team-oriented with a sense of humor and a passion for closing sales deals
((Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $150,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.