We are in search of a top tier Manager, Compensation Accounting to join our team and help lead/manage the GL Accounting for Compensation functions: Stock Based Compensations activities, Commissions Accounting, payroll Accounting, various bonus plans, as well as for Cash and Investments. The ideal candidate is a detailed-oriented, self-motivated team player, with a solid working knowledge of GAAP, SEC regulations, and internal controls and experience with the related operational accounting execution. This role will be responsible for supporting the month-end close process, SOX compliance control execution and quarterly / annual audit process, as well as identifying and driving project-based work to provide process efficiencies for the team. Additionally, this individual thrives on process improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This role will be reporting to the Senior Manager, Compensation Accounting.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform various GL month-end close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries for SBC, Cash and Investments, payroll, various bonus accruals, Commission accruals, as well as the deferral and amortization of commission waterfalls.
- Review of various balance sheet reconciliations, such as SBC reconciliation, Equity related accounts and disclosures, Bank Reconciliations (Operation, AR, payroll and Equity accounts), Payroll cash and clearing accounts, Accrued Bonuses and any other Accrued Compensation related accounts.
- Review the accounting entries as related to stock based compensation expense (for equity awards and ESPP plans)
- Perform Option valuations using Black Scholes valuation model
- Assessment and calculate equity award modifications and impact
- Collaborates closely with the Commissions Operations team on Monthly Commission Accruals
- Review of Compensation and Bonus Plan calculations
- Prepare and review of Balance Sheet and P&L fluctuation analyses
- Assist in preparing internal and external financial reporting schedules
- Evaluate process and system infrastructure, along with identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities
- Maintain and enhance the internal controls over accounting processes and systems
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies and procedures
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance and non-finance business partners by providing financial insights and relevant reporting
- Support the quarterly reviews and annual audit requests along with responding to inquiries from our external auditors
- Coordination with payroll to process commission/bonus/retro and special payments
- Prepare month-end closing journal entries, including resolving discrepancies and ensuring entries are in accordance with US GAAP
- Ensure SOX and policy compliance
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Review and optimize current processes and procedures through continued integration of systems, enhanced automation and digitization of records
- Maintain strong and productive relationships with People team, including Benefits, Operations, Finance, Stock Admin, Legal and other internal stakeholders
- Perform special projects or other duties as requested
- Ad hoc accounting projects and requests, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in Accounting, Finance or Business and CPA preferred
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience, including 2+ years of management experience
- Strong backgound in US GAAP, SEC regulations, SOX controls, and business processes
- Technical knowledge and strong understanding of the various types of equity awards and accounting treatment
- Familiarity with the operations and related accounting for Stock Based Compensation, Payroll and Commissions
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and organization skills
- Ability to partner, collaborate and influence across functional areas (e.g., Sales, Finance, Operations and People)
- Ability to work in a dynamic setting while maintaining accuracy and delivering against deadlines
- Advanced analytical and modeling skills with the ability to interpret and analyze data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player, motivated to work cross-functionally in a role that requires fostering strong relationships with multiple business partners
- Understanding of SaaS business model is a plus
- Experience with Enterprise ERP systems (i.e. NetSuite, Workday, Oracle, SAP) and Sales Commissions tools (i.e. Xactly Incent, Callidus, Anaplan)
- Experience using Workday, ADP or other comparable payroll software
- Proficient with Gsuite products and Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.