Okta is seeking a Corporate Counsel, M&A to join our Legal Department, reporting to the Director, Corporate Development Counsel. In this role, you will be an integral member of the Legal team, partnering with the Corporate Development department and a cross-functional team of leaders throughout the organization on a variety of acquisitions at all stages, from due diligence through closing and integration. You will collaborate with various stakeholder teams across the organization and serve as a key advisor to Legal leadership on deal execution and integration.
- Be a trusted legal advisor to the Corporate Development team on a broad range of M&A transactions.
- Provide advice on and support the full lifecycle of M&A transactions, from strategy, evaluation of targets, structuring and negotiating LOIs, due diligence, risk assessment, drafting and negotiating definitive agreements, through supporting integration and post-closing contingencies.
- Identify, frame, and drive resolution of complex challenges related to material deal issues and legal integration, including commercial contracts, product and privacy, corporate governance, employment and operations, and provide legal analysis on the foregoing, among other subject areas.
- Shepherd deal execution and integration tasks across the entire Legal team.
- Partner closely with Legal leadership and key leaders across the business including Corporate Development, Finance, People, and GTM. Advise the same business areas on legal matters and associated risks.
- Support development of integration budgets and day-to-day integration activities.
- Provide legal support to Corporate Development on other projects, as needed.
- Manage outside counsel.
- J.D. degree with strong academic credentials.
- 5+ years of experience in M&A (preferably including experience at a high-growth technology company).
- Expert in all aspects of M&A law, with significant experience in tech acquisitions.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of tech M&A acquisitions.
- Demonstrated ability of taking a risk-based approach to advising on and negotiating deals.
- Knowledge and exposure to legal departments with the ability to issue spot for commercial transactions, product and privacy, corporate governance, employment, and operations.
- Proven track record of managing multiple complex global projects while maintaining an efficient project plan.
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task, and perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative team player who is able to work well in a group and with virtual, global, and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to condense complex ideas and communicate in a clear and concise fashion to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented.
- Impeccable ethics and integrity.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.