Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our growing Privacy & Product legal team as Corporate Counsel, Privacy & Product. In this position you will play a key role in supporting the engineering, product, and sales organizations at a high-growth, publicly-traded enterprise software company. You will work on cutting-edge privacy and product projects, in a modern, cloud-first, SaaS environment, to help Okta deliver world-class products to our thousands of global customers.
This position will be based in Okta’s downtown San Francisco headquarters, where we have all the great perks you would expect from a top-tier tech company: fully-stocked kitchens, competitive salary and benefits, catered lunches, equity incentives, flexible time off, and more. If you want to work at a company that values personal growth, professional development, volunteerism, and solves complex problems with a talented, dedicated, and supportive team of legal leaders, then apply to join our rapidly-growing team!
- Support our Sales and Professional Services teams by working with customers, prospective customers, and partners on privacy and product-related questions regarding Okta’s services;
- Counsel and work closely with Okta’s Engineering and Product teams regarding privacy-by-design principles, identify disclosures and flow-down terms required by third party component providers, provide guidance regarding open source usage, and assist the company in identifying patentable inventions;
- Partner with the Commercial Legal team in customer negotiations, including supporting the drafting and negotiation of privacy-related agreements and addenda;
- Ensure that Okta’s vendor agreements contain adequate data protection and privacy assurances;
- Partner with members of the legal, security, technology, marketing and HR teams, and outside counsel to help ensure the company’s compliance with laws, regulations and customer contracts;
- Perform data privacy impact assessments and review privacy policies;
- Work with Okta’s Security & Compliance teams to help keep our customers’ data secure
- Law degree from a highly-regarded school and California bar admission;
- Flexibility and understanding of the culture of a fast-paced, commercially-oriented technology company;
- 4+ years law firm and / or in-house experience, including at least 2 years working on privacy and data protection matters;
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, drafting and negotiation skills;
- Strong experience in leading and closing complex contract negotiations involving cutting-edge cloud computing issues;
- Highly-responsive and service-oriented attitude;
- Team-oriented and collaborative, with a passion to understand our products, business model, and culture;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment;
- Experience in and/or knowledge of U.S. software and internet industries and technical concepts;
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (US and/or EU) is a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work