Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our growing Privacy & Product legal team as Corporate Counsel, Privacy & Product. In this position you will play a key role in supporting the engineering, product, and sales organizations at a high-growth, publicly-traded enterprise software company. You will work on cutting-edge privacy and product projects, in a modern, cloud-first, SaaS environment, to help Okta deliver world-class products to our thousands of global customers.
This position may be based in our San Francisco, San Jose, Chicago, or Seattle offices. We are also open to a remote-work arrangement or another Okta office, based in the U.S.
- Counsel and work closely with Okta’s Product and Engineering teams regarding privacy-by-design principles;
- Partner with members of the Legal, Security, Technology and Marketing teams, and outside counsel to help ensure the company’s compliance with laws, regulations and contractual obligations;
- Support our Sales and Professional Services teams by working with customers, prospective customers and partners on privacy and product-related questions regarding Okta’s services;
- Partner with the Commercial Legal team in customer negotiations, including supporting the drafting and negotiation of privacy and product-related agreements and addenda;
- Ensure that Okta’s vendor agreements contain adequate data protection and privacy assurances;
- Identify disclosures and flow-down terms required by third party component providers; and
- Perform data privacy impact assessments and review privacy policies.
- Strong academic background and J.D. from a highly-regarded law school and bar admission;
- 4+ years law firm and/or in-house experience, including at least 2 years working on privacy and data protection matters;
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, drafting and negotiation skills;
- Strong experience in leading and closing complex contract negotiations involving cutting-edge cloud computing issues;
- Highly-responsive and service-oriented attitude;
- Team-oriented and collaborative, with a passion to understand our products, business model, and high-growth culture;
- Sound and practical business judgment, solution-driven, and self-motivated;
- High emotional intelligence with a sense of humor;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment;
- Experience in and/or knowledge of U.S. software and Internet industries and technical concepts; and
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (Asia, Canada, Europe, or U.S. private-sector) is a plus.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum Salary of $154,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.