Team / Role Description:
Okta’s Corporate Development team plays a critical role in enabling Okta’s growth via strategic ecosystems, key technology partners, targeted investments, and acquisitions. Sitting underneath the Corporate Development umbrella, our M&A Integration team is responsible for the end-to-end integration planning and execution of all corporate acquisitions. Above all else, we’re focused on maximizing acquisition value and fueling Okta’s growth.
You will be responsible for planning and executing successful M&A integrations in close collaboration with functional leaders from across the organization. This highly visible role will act as the point person for all functions on a deal(s) with management of a small team to support you. In this capacity, you will own the integration plan and execution from end-to-end while proactively navigating challenges as they arise and providing mitigation plans to our leadership team. As a lead on this team, you will be responsible for helping to define and drive the execution of key deal metrics for integration success.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing multiple complex cross-functional projects while maintaining an efficient plan, tracking issues, and proactively communicating progress against project milestones. This person will also need to be adept at building close working relationships and quickly establishing personal credibility across an organization.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive end-to-end program management / 100-day roadmap
- Support development of GTM strategy for acquired companies and help operationalize said strategies across the GTM organization
- Lead stakeholder alignment sessions across a diverse set of groups including the M&A team, department SMEs, exec leadership, etc.
- Coordinate + lead cross-functional meetings. Document + communicate decisions / actions
- Own tracking / reporting of integration activity for internal consumption and BoD reviews
- Monitor program status and rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Monitor integration budget for each acquisition to ensure adherence to plan
- Develop M&A best practices, playbooks, and process improvements
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis for strategic planning and integration efforts
- Participate in early evaluations as part of M&A due diligence activities
Required Experience & Skills:
- Industry experience with a background in strategy consulting, business operations, or corporate development. Practical expertise in enterprise software / SaaS industry
- Demonstrated experience designing & leading complex, cross-functional initiatives. M&A-specific experience a major plus
- Track record of building trusted relationships & influencing others (esp. exec audiences)
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills across all levels of an organization
- Self-starter who can multitask and thrive in fast-paced / ambiguous environments
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts across a wide variety of technologies and domains
- Collaborative team player who is also an independent thinker
- Experience managing and developing teams
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA / advanced degrees a plus
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.