As Okta looks to enable any company to use any technology, the company will pursue inorganic growth opportunities to bolster its organic initiatives. The Okta M&A team within the Corporate Development group is responsible for evaluating and executing acquisitions consistent with its strategy to bring simple and secure access to people and organizations everywhere.
Okta is looking for an experienced Corporate Development [Manager] to evaluate new growth areas and execute on strategic M&A. This person will work closely with key functional stakeholders across the company to understand the evolving market dynamics and companies in markets relevant to Okta.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing complex strategic projects with large technology companies, inclusive of setting strategy, driving business and technical alignment, communicating transparently with both internal and external executives, and executing acquisitions. This candidate must have a demonstrated ability to build relationships across disciplines and think both strategically and analytically about both business and technical challenges.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct market research, synthesize findings, and work with senior team members to propose recommendations that help shape company and product strategy
- Lead strategic M&A evaluations for Okta, including sourcing opportunities and conducting financial analysis as well as coordinating all aspects of due diligence in partnership with senior team members
- Bring cross-functional stakeholders together to build value propositions and refine the acquisition thesis
- Communicate frequently with executive management to ensure alignment
- Build strong connections with industry players, startups, and investors to be at the forefront of new market developments
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years of relevant investment banking, strategy consulting, transaction advisory, corporate development, and/or product management experience
- Firm financial foundation with fundamental understanding of SaaS metrics and accounting principles
- Experience with M&A and/or related strategic projects, ideally within enterprise software
- Experience with cloud software vendors and their strategies/business models
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to collaborate effectively with executives, product managers, engineers, lawyers, and security professionals
- Ability to build relationships with people across all levels and organizations, internally and externally
- Highly organized and detail oriented; proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Adept at handling multiple projects and priorities in an extremely fast paced environment
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.