Counsel, Commercial Transactions
Accelerate your career by joining Okta, the leading provider of identity for the enterprise, as a member of our rock star commercial legal team as Counsel, Commercial Transactions. In this position you will support the senior members of the Commercial Legal Team and the Sales and Professional Services organizations at a high growth publicly traded tech company that provides products enabling companies to use any technology anywhere. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow your professional skills through drafting and negotiating inbound and outbound commercial agreements and supporting other key legal projects for the Commercial Legal Team. Okta counts some of the biggest names across every vertical as its thousands of current customers, including Adobe, Allergan, Nasdaq, LinkedIn, and 20th Century Fox who trust Okta to help their organizations work faster, boost revenue, and stay secure.
This position will be based in Okta’s San Francisco headquarters currently located in SoMa but soon to be in the heart of the Financial District and the home base of cutting edge technology. And yes, we have all of the great perks you would expect from a tech company like fully stocked kitchens, competitive salary, catered lunches, equity incentives, and flexible time off. If you want to work at a company that values personal growth, professional development, volunteerism, and solves complex problems with an incredible, dedicated, and supportive team of legal leaders then Okta is the place for you!
- Negotiate and draft master subscription agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and other types of inbound and outbound commercial agreements.
- Partner with revenue recognition, sales operations, technology operations, and other stakeholder teams to ensure agreements are consistent with internal Okta policies and processes.
- Learn how to negotiate and draft deals at a publicly traded company requiring compliance with laws, regulations, and revenue recognition concerns.
- Partner with Sales and other internal business constituents throughout the customer lifecycle to ensure customer success and the protection of Okta.
- Assist senior legal team members on complex legal negotiations.
- Contribute to a variety of exciting legal team projects of personal interest.
- 3+ years of relevant experience negotiating and drafting subscription software license agreements, technology license, and professional services agreements.
- A proven track record of efficiency, working well with a variety of stakeholders including clients, sales leadership and internal or external business stakeholders to close deals.
- Familiarity with a fiscal-quarter cadence.
- Familiarity with the software-as-a-service business model and cloud computing concepts.
- Strong academic background and J.D. from highly-regarded school, bar admission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Highly-responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Business-minded, can-do spirit.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and rewarding work environment.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with a variety of internal clients.
- Sound and practical business judgment.
- Ambitious go-getter willing to roll up their sleeves; team-oriented and with a sense of humor.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work