The duties of the Credit and Collections Analyst Lead include monitoring the credit worthiness of our partners, ownership of cash inflow through daily collections calls, dunning system management, escalation of delinquent payments in a high volume, fast paced, goal oriented team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues, resolve customer discrepancies and short payments
- Organize credit evaluations and perform initial credit recommendation for customer approval
- Review credit requests for extended or new terms and propose appropriate course(s) of action to manager
- Monitor collection status of larger balances and provide weekly updates to manager
- Work with the legal team for Demand Letter process for specified delinquent customers on a monthly basis.
- Collect on all aged outstanding accounts via telephone and written correspondence
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
- Maintain an updated status report for all overdue accounts
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with sales dept. regarding customer accounts on a timely basis
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process
- Alert AR Manager and Revenue Director of potential risks and exposures
- Application of payments received
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department
- Respond to all customer inquiries concerning billing and record information in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with a commitment to reach goals and meet deadlines
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct manager
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Provide excellent & considerate customer service to customers and internal sales team
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a Finance/Accounting/STEM related field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years High Volume B2B Collections experience
- Experience with Experian, DnBi or similar credit reporting agencies
- Experience in a lead or supervisory role a plus
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with all levels of customer contacts, sales personnel, colleges, and internal legal team
- A high degree of diplomacy
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.