Okta is looking for a Director of Benefits Operations to join our team to lead the buildout of the delivery model for Shared Services to support our global benefits strategy. The selected candidate will focus on optimizing the framework for scalable solutions and processes, and will play an integral role in ensuring that Okta’s benefits strategy and operational execution of programs align and function effectively.
The candidate will ensure operational consistency of benefits harmonization during M&As, new country set up, and policy evolutions. Okta is evolving flexible benefits platform and offerings, this role will support with design, multi-year strategy, and establishing corresponding processes.
This role reports to the Head of Global Benefits, and requires an ability to flex between strategic vision, benefits compliance, and operational management. The candidate will partner closely with the Benefits, Payroll, and People Operations teams to leverage best practices to manage and facilitate the global and regional benefit delivery model to drive business results.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Partner with People Operations to establish a sustainable framework for effective service delivery and operational efficiency via Shared Services platform globally to support the business as we scale
- Develop the Operations team to function as tier 2-3 escalation support on complex benefit-related issues
- Build out Benefits taxonomy within People Operations to ensure all benefits related policies and processes are followed consistently, recommend changes as appropriate
- Ensure that the end-to-end operational performance meets or exceeds business objectives, and employee issues are effectively resolved
- Partner with People Operations, Compliance, Legal, People Business Partners, Payroll to align administrative processes to policy changes
- Provide leadership for implementations related to all required benefits change initiatives, strategic initiatives, legal changes, new benefit offering, vendor transitions and annual renewal process
- Integrated collaborative support global and regional benefits strategies to meet organizational objectives
- Oversee all administration contracts with service providers and ensures timely negotiations and procurement process, contribute to the RFP and vendor selection to continuously manage cost and service improvements
- Essential team member to monitor and advance effective employee communication (content, platform, timing, audience) ability to convey complex information in a clear and simple format, inclusive of cultural preferences and differences globally
- ADA process support in the US
- Develop and update benefit plan documents, procedures, and operational implementations
- Oversee full cycle of employee benefits process engagement (onboarding - life events - termination)
- Build out Benefits Operations to ensure compliance in accordance with location specific regulatory and legislative requirements (ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, ACA); ensure People Operations team executes on timely and accurate preparation of filings, including IRS, DOL and other regulatory agencies
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships with Business Partners, Operations, Accounting, Payroll, Business Technology
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate and present data relevant to the benefits interactions (employees, vendors, internal partners) and evolve the structure and delivery accordingly
- Collaborate with Employee Experience team on wellbeing and perks programs, heavy involvement in developing flexible benefits platform globally
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience working in similar capacity leading Global Benefits Operations for 5+ years
- Experience with new country launches and establishing benefit plans
- Demonstrated benefits administration experience including knowledge of health and welfare plans, leaves, time off practices, and retirement plans
- Proficiency with regulatory requirements related to benefits administration in the US, Canada, Latin America, APAC and EMEA Regions
- Experience with Workday, ServiceNow
- Ability to operate independently, execute direction effectively, lead direct and extended teams (under People Operations)
- Strong executive presence and ability to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
- Advanced proficiency in the G-Suite and Microsoft Office, with an emphasis in quantitative analysis in Excel
- Experience in high tech industry, M&A integrations, PEOs
- Experience managing/administering self-funded benefit plans
- Strong analytical, organization, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Proven project management skills to move projects forward
- Strong strategic planning skills, critical thinking, passion for supporting customers (employees and internal partners), and hands-on operational excellence
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Curiosity and drive for innovation, and comfort with constructively challenge the status quo
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.