We are looking for a Director, EMEA Government Affairs based in Brussels, Belgium to join Okta’s newly formed Government Affairs team. This role will report directly to the VP, Government Affairs. This position will be responsible for growing Okta’s GA presence with all relevant EMEA Gov Affairs stakeholders. It’s a unique opportunity to join a high growth company that has just recently started a Government Affairs practice. The position will develop Okta’s policy interests in EMEA and will interface with Government officials and staff.
- Represent Okta’s interests with key government stakeholders on a wide range of business and social issues
- Act as the primary point of contact for civic, industry and/or policy associations
- Prepare briefings for executive interaction with policymakers and community leaders
- Analyze legislative and regulatory proposals to assess relevance and impact to Okta
- Draft advocacy materials and position papers, internal and external communications
- Educate relevant lawmakers and agencies about Okta products
- Review and recommend participation in non-Okta external events
- Experience working in or with government (~10 years) at the EU level
- Experience reading, interpreting, and analyzing legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, execute on management of simultaneous projects
- Experience collaborating with people across different departments and organizations
- DGCOM experience
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, yet 100% in coordination with the team
- Experience working on candidate campaigns or issue advocacy campaigns
- Experience working at a multinational technology company
- French, German or Dutch language skills
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.