Position Description: The Director, Finance Business Systems IT will be responsible for enabling and scaling Okta’s finance function. You will be responsible for the major technology platforms, including NetSuite, RevPro, and Anaplan amongst others. You will respond to the needs of functional leaders to modify or extend the capability of existing platforms to address business challenges and opportunities. You will build, mentor and scale the Finance IT team of developers and analysts. You are a lovable, tough and fair boss who delivers quality and is accountable for results. This is a cross-functional role that will collaborate with executives and stakeholders across the organization to implement solutions that meet Okta’s business needs. An ideal leader possesses the technical knowledge and business acumen required to influence the scope, outcomes and timing of business initiatives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for all technical delivery for the Finance departments, including Accounting, Revenue, Order Management, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable
- Drive vision and alignment internally and across external stakeholders. Manage stakeholder relationships
- Refine and improve Okta’s business processes.
- Define and enforce common standards for quality, performance and productivity
- Manage the dependencies of your teams on other resources across the IT organization to ensure that tasks and deliverables are completed according to plan
- Build the team, both by mentoring existing staff, and identifying the systemic talent deficiencies and experience gaps that limit the ability of the team to contribute to Okta’s long term success. Prepare leaders on your team to assume broader organizational responsibilities in the future.
- Prepare and gain alignment to 12-18 month roadmaps to address strategic functional goals
- Ensure that financial resources are managed wisely and in conformance with Okta’s formal budgeting and approval processes.
- Manage ongoing relationships with existing vendors and participate in vendor negotiations.
- This role is highly visible - candidates must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years in IT development experience including experience with NetSuite, RevPro
- 8+ years in Finance IT, experience in a SaaS company preferred
- 5+ years in a Finance-related individual contributor role
- 3+ years of experience managing a team.
- 1+ years of experience doing agile development
- Deep knowledge of IT General Control implementation for finance platforms
- Deep knowledge of finance process
- Deep understanding of 404 and 606
- Strong knowledge of Anaplan, Coupa, Concur
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work