Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for enterprise. Identity is the core of our product; it protects your right to be you. We extend our commitment to identity beyond our product to ensure that our workforce and workplace is diverse, inclusive and fosters belonging for all. To drive this mission forward, Okta is seeking a Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging. Reporting to the VP of Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIB) you will be responsible for informing and actively implementing Okta’s next phase of the DIB strategy. This would include managing DIB’s leadership engagement opportunities, learning and development offerings and leading the next phase of the ERG evolution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee external partnerships with key strategic diversity organizations to inform Okta’s DIB strategy and approach.
- Partner with Okta University to design and support learning and development opportunities focused on inclusive leadership and URM (Underrepresented Minorities) mentorship programs.
- Lead strategic partnership with Talent Management to launch and guide programs focused on retention and professional development of URMs at Okta.
- Drive leadership engagement projects on focused on Okta’s strategic DIB goals
- Guide, support and provide governance to Okta’s Employee Resource Groups and Inclusion Council
- Advise, consult and train people managers and leaders in leading inclusively and building balanced teams
- Support creating annual strategy (Vision, Methods Tagrets) for the DIB and developing leadership commitment options based on the strategy
- Minimum 7+ years of HR, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executive leadership and cross functional departments across People Team
- Demonstrated experience in managing ERGs and employee experience initiatives
- Ability to multitask and prioritize under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Must be methodical, analytical and well-organized
- Excellent time management skills
- This individual will have characteristics that embody our core values: Love our Customers, Never Stop Innovating, Act with Integrity, Be Transparent, and Empower our People
- Skilled at driving change to transform, align and inspire in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.