The Director of Global Travel, Meetings and Events (TM&E) will lead with an entrepreneurial mindset, and will review, reshape, and deliver a global travel, meetings and events vision that prioritizes employee experience, customer service, and reinforces Okta’s culture and people-first initiatives. This role will manage a global team of travel, meeting, and event professionals, as well as collaborating with cross-functional business partners to deliver best-in-class customer support for Okta’s global TM&E program. As Okta continues to grow, this high visibility role will spearhead cross-functional engagement to advance scalable T&E strategies, partnering with Legal, Finance, and ESG/Sustainability team(s).
- Lead and drive Okta’s global TM&E program strategy in alignment with Okta’s culture and values
- Work closely with Global Workplace and Experience colleagues, cross-functional partner teams, functional leaders, and leadership to ensure that travel, meetings, events, and experience to deliver a seamless journey experience
- Envision and develop strategic support of internal company meetings and events globally in support of Okta’s rapid growth
- Think strategically and forecast overall team requirements, budget and resources needed to execute all functions
- Oversee the team’s relationships with vendors, e.g., agency services, airlines, car rental companies, hotels, and technology vendors; negotiate contracts and ensure vendor compliance
- Support executive team with white glove service for specialized travel, meeting, and event needs
- Develop a process to collect data and metrics specifically associated with meetings and internal events
- Partner with Global Security, EH&S and Risk Management on physical safety, security, and overall duty of care requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders for continuous improvement on process, workflow, and expenditure control
- Reimagine and design program policy improvements to present and drive to gain executive buy-in for decisions internally
- Develop reports and surveys that continually provide customer insights to drive process improvements, and inform strategic decisions and innovations
- Gather data and reporting for analysis and reduction to achieve Okta’s Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) targets
- Champion and evangelize Okta’s TM&E program by utilizing educational sessions, social channels, and departmental outreach
- Partner with our Employee Experience team to curate, and execute experiences, meetings & events in markets and regions outside of Okta offices that support dynamic work
- Participate as a thought leader in travel, meeting, and event associations to identify trends and benchmarks
- Provide transparent and timely updates to the business regarding best practices, process and policies to support customer needs
- Have a minimum of 7+ years of related leadership experience in corporate travel management with global travel management, meetings, and event experience
- Demonstrate extensive analytical skills and proven aptitude to use data to optimize TM&E performance and inform future strategies
- Drive innovation on the team with a willingness to balance of "big picture" thinking with tactical execution
- Are passionate about employee experience, customer feedback and service, and working cross-functionally for the best solutions for the organization
- Are customer-focused with experience leading and influencing at all cross-functional levels of an organization
- Have a proven record of corporate meeting and event planning and operations experience.
- Certified Meeting Professional is a plus
- Demonstrate a level of confidence and professionalism appropriate for interfacing with executives, both internal and external
- Prioritize transparency and communication for a seamless customer experience
((Colorado, New York City and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $154,000/year + bonus, commission, or variable comp (depending on role) + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.