active talent sales and marketing organization. The product we are focused on marketing to our
customers, talented candidates, is a career at Okta! Our vision, why we exist, is “Connect the
Best Talent with Okta. Everywhere.” How do we do this? The recruiting team, and the
partners we enable, identify and acquire the world’s best talent via the Okta Talent
Ecosystem. Once identified, we create engaging experiences for the talent we want to hire today
(qualified and ready-now), while nurturing relationships with the talent we want to hire
tomorrow (qualified and ready-later). We are investing in creating the best customer
experiences, building a marketing team, a tech stack inclusive of automation tools and finding,
growing and developing the best recruiting talent to join our team. THE ROLE We are seeking a Recruiting leader with experience leading a team of sales recruiters and
sourcers focused on North America Sales (enterprise, named, public sector, commercial and
inside sales) and Sales Engineering. Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Field Ops
Recruiting, you will be tasked with shaping the strategy, operationalizing processes and deliver
the results to help Okta sales meet its revenue goals! The core capabilities we seek in a
recruiting leader are: Strategic Thinking, Operational Excellence, Data Driven and Drives for
• Trusted Advisor and strategic recruiting leader to the executive sales leaders in service to
building winning recruitment strategies
• Direct leadership of a US based team of sales and sales engineering recruiters and
• Ownership of sales recruiting dashboards and analytics roll-up, including the
maintenance and regular delivery of metrics used to influence and guide business
outcomes (pipeline, headcount forecasts, capacity plans, etc...)
• Re-imagine, and implement operationally efficient assessment processes that deliver
productivity gains in recruiting, while delivering best in class experiences for hiring
managers and candidates
• Partner across HR, Compensation and Talent Development to build a best in class
internal recruiting and mobility process
• Align and connect key partners to deliver results for Okta; Sales Operations, Finance,
HRBP’s, Total Rewards
• Presence – actively participate in cross-functional recruiting team projects that move our
recruiting org to the next level
What you will bring:
• 10+ years overall recruiting experience; 5+ years leading sales recruiting teams in an
enterprise SaaS company
• Solid understanding of capacity modeling for sales recruiting to ensure maximum
productivity from the recruiting team, including leveling
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience hiring software sales and/or professional
services talent from inside sales to mid-market to enterprise, including enterprise sales
level, compensation / commission plans and an understanding of what motivates sales
reps to make a career change
• Experience building internal recruiting processes that deliver amazing experiences for
hiring manager, internal employees and make it easy for sales ops and finance to track
• Leadership of a multi-level recruiting team, consisting of leads, IC’s and sourcers
delivering >= 300 hires annually
• Experience leading teams of 10+ resources
• Analytics – ability to forecast hiring, understanding of capacity planning and the most
important data that influences business decisions
• Growth Mindset – even with all this experience, you are open to identifying new ways of
thinking and teaching others
• Ability to build a strategic recruiting plan and implement operational rigor that helps the
recruiting team exceed KPI’s
• Understanding of key trends in the recruiting industry and how to stay ahead
•Best practice knowledge and ability to bring outside in learning to Okta’s recruiting team
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility
to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located.
We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work
from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies
and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering
employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your
place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.