We are currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Director, People (HR) Planning & Agile Team (PMO) to join our People Operations distributed team!
The Director, People (HR) Planning & Agile Team (PMO) is responsible for leading remote teams on projects and other business initiatives in partnership with People Leadership & stakeholders that support organizational and departmental goals and strategic initiatives. The role offers the opportunity to have a positive impact on the Okta People organization with exposure and accountability to Senior People leadership. This will be a key role that leads to the success of our People team initiatives and key strategic projects to drive scale and efficiency for the organization.
- Lead global People/HR projects that transform People services, processes and policies leveraging industry-standard and best-practice tools aligned with Okta’s strategic objectives
- Serve as a primary point of contact for the People team on cross-functional projects, people programs, and initiatives.
- Stand-up agile team approach for delivery of annual programs including Merit Cycle, OARs (Okta alignment reviews), Engagement Survey, and Open Enrollment.
- Lead tiger team approach to addressing strategic cross-functional projects that span across HR and Business teams.
- Serve as the liaison to various business groups (Compensation, Benefits, People Business Partners, Recruiting, Payroll, HRIS, Equity Administration, Legal, Corp Dev, etc.) with respect to all M&A activities.
- Lead the roll-out strategy, change management & communications for the successful deployment of People programs to the company owning People team facing content as well as FAQ, comms, training, etc. content that will be consumed directly by leaders, managers, and employees.
- Ability to build trusted relationships with the leaders and teams in People Ops, Recruiting, People Business Partners, L&D, and Total Rewards teams as well as cross functional partners in FP&A, Accounting, Payroll, Legal, Workplace, and Internal Audit.
- Uses a data driven approach to managing projects, checking on progress, measuring employee experience. Develop baseline and target metrics for projects and programs to assess overall impact and outcomes.
- Lead design and user feedback workshops with business groups to get the “Voice of the Customer” incorporated as well as valuable insights and input into proposed changes to programs. Use a data-based approach to validate the impact the program or project will have on employee experience, engagement, and productivity.
- Drive a regular project portfolio review process with the People leadership team.
- Build project management and Agile methodology capability for the People team overall through best practices, resources, training, and mentorship to be leveraged as the “gold standard” for company-wide approach to leading and executing successful projects and programs.
- 5+ years of experience in HR leading complex, global projects and managing teams (either direct or cross-functional).
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile team, traditional PMO, or HR Planning organization.
- 3+ years of experience directly working in two of the following functions: Compensation, Benefits, Payroll, HR Business Partner, HR Operations.
- 7+ years of relevant and successful project management and/or consulting experience of highly complex, cross functional projects involving change management within a fast-paced, global, and dynamic organization.
- Knowledge of project lifecycle phases and Agile methodology and significant experience managing multiple projects to deadlines, holding others accountable, and maintaining project plans with dependent efforts and major milestones.
- Proven teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to work collaboratively and able to influence others outside of direct reporting relationships.
- Experience with resource planning and managing internal and external project resources.
- Comfortable in a remote work setting and a proven team player with demonstrated abilities to work collaboratively and influence those with whom no formal hierarchical relationship exists.
- Ability to dive deep into details and roll up sleeves while coaching, leading, and inspiring teams..
- Strong executive communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to break down complex concepts and data for an exec-level audience.
- Highly organized, exceptional time management and task prioritization abilities.
- Proficient in project management software, such as Asana, and creating project plans, reports and dashboards.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
- PMP certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Certification in Agile methodologies (SCRUM) would be advantageous;
- Experience with human centered design
- Experience with online collaboration
- Project management certification
- Change management certification
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- 3+ years Global HR experience
- Strong business acumen and ability to work well across different functions in order to integrate HR and business strategies
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.