We are seeking a dynamic person to lead our People & Places Digital Solutions team which manages our technology portfolio and employee experience design across all of the People & Places Team. The ideal candidate is someone who has managed and built strong cross-functional relationships and is a strong communicator and people leader. This is an internal-facing role that will be the business owner for scaling our People & Places systems and operations delivery, while ensuring that all the stakeholders are involved and aligned throughout the process. This role will also have a role in providing input to our experience team to support key components of the employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle.
- Lead the People digital portfolio for the design architecture, implementation, security, and compliance of People & Places systems and applications across People & Places Organization Working in close collaboration with People Operations leadership and People Engineering, translate business objectives into a prioritized implementation roadmap, digital solutions and overall architecture
- Develop a technology strategy in partnership with cross-functional teams to build consistent experiences for our employees, including scaling digital solutions
- Lead global People Organization’s systems roadmap and digital strategy to scale programs, create capacity within program teams and solve experience challenges
- Lead the prioritization process and development of solutions to meet the needs of our Centers of Excellence (Compensation, Benefits, Global Mobility, L&D, Diversity), and more broadly across internal tools/communications
- Coach and mentor team members, playing an active role in developing their functional and subject-matter expertise, supporting growth areas and leading with care
- Work cross-functionally to affect improvements to the experience by design and implement processes, solutions, metrics, that enhance the end-to-end journeys and moments that matter
- Work with business leaders and People & Places leadership across all global regions to develop the systems and digital roadmap to support the regions
- Build and lead People knowledge management strategy and delivery
- Support the delivery of employee experience design to Okta’s candidates, contingent workers, employees, and alumni
- Drive adoption and usage of experience and systems changes and/or new launches across the People team
- Ensure internal tools are simple and effective and provide insights into user experiences to best capture feedback from the customer
- Lead and influence with industry best practices and proven methodologies for experiences, end-to-end process improvement, scalability and automation to support company growth
- Analyze and report metrics on People systems activities in support of strategic decision-making initiatives and for ongoing measurement and continual improvement
- 15+ years experience in HR technology, digital solutions, employee experience or customer-facing technology environment
- Experience inspiring, leading and growing individual contributors and teams from strategy through to operational execution
- Demonstrated experience building and scaling teams and planning strategically 3+ years out as well as formalize tangible action plans to operationalize vision
- Experience influencing at all levels of organization, including building high engagement through effective collaboration with key stakeholders and implementing company-wide changes
- Proven relationship and partnership building skills
- Awareness of HR best practices in the market as well as legislative and regulatory changes and experience implementing digital solutions
- Knowledge of HRIS systems - principles, function technology and variations
- Demonstrated experience leading global projects end-to-end with multiple stakeholders
- Bachelors' degree in a related field
- Experience working in a customer-related field such as customer service, digital experience, customer acquisition or Significant exposure to HR process and practice, including prior experience working in a consulting company
- Experience with Workday, Cornerstone, headcount management, and workforce planning systems
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Six Sigma certification (Greenbelt or Blackbelt)
- Experience with SDLC, Agile, Scrum, and similar methodologies
((Colorado, New York and Washington only) Minimum OTE of $178,000/year + equity + benefits)
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.