Sales Operations strives to be the brain and the spine of the Sales team at Okta. As part of the Business Operations group, we protect the investment in Okta’s rapidly growing Sales organization by ensuring Sales has the insight, tools, and processes it needs to run effectively and efficiently.
You’ll partner closely with sales managers to put structures in place that help the organization grow headcount and revenue. You’ll collaborate with other Bizops colleagues to design and implement your solutions, including Business Systems, Data & Analytics, and Sales Enablement.
Responsibilities will cover three primary areas:
Resourcing & Strategy
- Own the quota and capacity plans for your business unit. Work with sales managers to drive effective territory allocation among their reps.
- Drive rigorous planning and execution at all levels of the organization. Facilitate deep account planning with reps and managers, and regional business planning with execs and the teams that support them (marketing, sales development, partnerships).
- Uncover areas of revenue opportunity in our customer and prospect base.
- Contribute to integrated planning and execution for sales and demand.
- Develop formal reporting packages for sales effectiveness and productivity. Conduct metrics reviews with sales management.
- Report on the pipeline generation needs and variances for each team. Work with sales managers to identify areas of opportunity or concern.
- Understand what makes a good territory in your unit.
- Know the forecasting process and work to make our forecasting more accurate.
Process & Infrastructure – put your ideas into action:
- Conduct pipeline and forecast data reviews with management.
- Document essential processes and engagement rules; help enforce those processes.
- Optimize the sales rep, manager, and sales ops experience in Salesforce.
- Know what quality data means and help us design and improve it.
The Ideal Candidate possesses:
- 4-5 years of operational experience, with 2+ years in a Sales Operations (or similar) role.
- Experience working closely with Enterprise or Strategic Account sales leaders in a SaaS business
- Salesforce mastery: complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, calculated fields, workflows).
- Exceptional quantitative and MS Excel skills (sumifs, index/match and vlookup, table formulas).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can hold a meeting with directors and VPs.
- Deep experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization).
- Endless curiosity and a need to dive deeper for understanding.
- The desire and capacity to work independently AND collaboratively.
Additional skills we value:
- Experience with Tableau or other analysis/BI tools.
- Familiarity with Zuora, Steelbrick/Salesforce CPQ, or other CPQ or Q2C tools.
- Familiarity with Anaplan
- Familiarity with marketing automation (Marketo) or sales productivity tools (Outreach, Salesforce One, Clari).
- Familiarity with MySQL or similar database querying language (you won’t be deep in SQL, but helps to have heard of a LEFT JOIN).
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work