Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With thousands of pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 15,000 organizations trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Corporate FP&A Finance Manager who will be a key player in supporting two of Okta's corporate FP&A functions: Short Term Planning management and Equity/Bonus Modeling. Our Short Term Planning process involves close collaboration with their FP&A peers (Go-To-Market, G&A, R&D, and Corporate) to consolidate, analyze, synthesize, and communicate key financial trends across the entire P&L that influence our ability to execute against our quarterly plans and guidance. This individual will play a key role in organizing our monthly financial cycles, driving the review process with the CFO and CAO as well as facilitating opportunistic discussions around incremental funding decisions across the entire organization.
As another unique aspect of this role, this individual will also own our forecast for key compensation-related model assumptions (Equity/Bonus/Tax) and supply tactical support to our Compensation business partners as we continue to evolve and manage how we approach rewarding our company’s most valuable asset: it’s people.
We are looking for highly motivated team players who have strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, strong organization and communication skills and the ability to work cross functionally, as well as independently. Thisis a great opportunity for candidates seeking experience within a dynamic FP&A organization, managing a key financial process, owning significant model assumptions, and providing critical business partner support those who thrive in our team enjoy creating just as much as following the known path, are comfortable with the unknown, and love discovering the stories within data. They are excited to dive into and learn new analytical and modeling techniques and technologies. They are energized by shifting priorities and new challenges but can balance the latest challenges with the rhythm of monthly reporting needs. They enjoy creating new processes and solutions to unique problems. And they view mistakes as an opportunity to learn and improve.
This position can be remote but candidate must be willing to work Pacific Time Zone hours.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the monthly short-term forecasting process, including coordinating discussions with FP&A, consolidating financial results and own forecasting model assumptions for salary compensation burden rates (bonus, taxes)
- Provide analytical support to the Compensation team and Chief People Officer, modeling and analyzing equity assumptions including share count, stock-based comp, and equity tax
- Define and manage the Okta Corporate Bonus Plan
- Create critical Board of Directors Compensation Committee materials on compensation and equity performance
- Collaborate with and support FP&A and other key stakeholders across the organization to enhance forecasting, planning, reporting, and analysis.
- Leverage and improve current processes and systems to increase efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness as the company grows and scales
- Act as an individual contributor, with the potential for further leadership opportunities over time
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 5+ years of Finance/FP&A experience, with at least 2 years of Corporate Finance
- Experience with SaaS business financials and key metrics
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- FP&A systems (Anaplan) experience is a plus
#LI-MK1The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between: $130,000—$189,000 USD
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.