Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With thousands of pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 13,000 organizations trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta is in hyper growth mode. We are seeking an experienced Finance Manager who will be a key player in, and is truly excited about, driving and effectively scaling Okta’s rapid growth. This person will report into the Senior Finance Manager, G&A, and will partner with senior leadership and their teams for the People & Places organization on all planning, forecasting, and analysis activities. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that wants to be part of a dynamic FP&A organization that is operating at an accelerated pace and scaling for the future.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a team player, a confident business partner, capable of driving action cross functionally, analytical, and outstanding at FP&A. This person is comfortable operating at all levels, with eyes on the strategic big picture, while skillfully managing the financial details.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the key finance partner for the People & Places organization
- Own the annual planning and forecasting processes for this function, including:
- Partnering with business to ensure accuracy for spend, headcount, and other key metrics based on operational performance
- Preparing budget vs. actual variance analysis and other relevant reporting
- Leading thoughtful analysis, evaluating key drivers and metrics, and partnering on driving operational efficiencies
- Collaborating with the controllership and procurement organization on accruals, lease accounting, fixed assets, benefits accounting, close process and other spend and compliance topics
- Evolving these processes, as needed
- Become the Workplace Finance expert, with a deep understanding of capital expenditures, lease accounting, depreciation, and other costs
- Partner with the Total Rewards leaders to model, forecast, and analyze global benefits, corporate bonus program, merit, and any new Total Rewards initiatives
- Partner with Recruiting leaders on company-wide hiring forecast and the recruiting capacity model, including driving cross-functional effort to align the global hiring plan to capacity
- Partner with People Analytics & Corporate FP&A on various headcount metrics & ratios, peer benchmarking, and other projects
- Participate in the company’s long-range strategic planning, as applicable
- Participate in and manage frequent ad hoc projects & analyses, including M&A and across G&A & Technology, to support senior management and business decisions
Lead process and systems improvement and scaling projects and partner on cross functional teams, to drive the company’s continued growth and scaling
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of FP&A experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- MBA, Big 4 accounting, or investment banking experience a plus
- Proficiency with FP&A systems required, Anaplan and Tableau experience is a HUGE plus
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint or Google Slides skills are required
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in a high-growth high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
- Very comfortable with change and challenging the status quo
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.