Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With thousands of pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta is in hyper growth mode. Reporting to FP&A Manager, we are seeking an experienced, self-motivated FP&A Analyst who will be a key player in supporting Okta’s financial planning processes and is truly excited about driving and effectively scaling Okta’s rapid growth. This person will be partnering with executive level business partners and their teams for the Legal, Partnerships & Corp Dev, Okta for Good, and G&A organizations on all planning, forecasting, close, and analysis activities. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate that wants to be part of a dynamic FP&A organization that is operating at an accelerated pace and scaling for the future.
This person is a highly motivated team player / self-starter, has excellent attention to detail, capable of working cross-functionally, analytical, and outstanding at FP&A. This person is comfortable operating at all levels, with eye on the strategic big picture, while skillfully managing the financial details.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a strategic financial partner to the General Counsel, SVP of Corporate Development, VP of Social Impact, and their respective organizations
- Own the budgeting and forecasting processes for these functions, including:
- Partnering with business partners to ensure accuracy for spend, HC and other key metrics based on operational performance
- Maintain and improve detailed financial models that track and analyze functional costs and their impact cross-functionally and on the company’s overall performance
- Preparing budget vs. actual variance analysis and other relevant reporting
- Leading thoughtful analysis, evaluating key drivers and metrics, and partnering on driving operational efficiencies
- Collaborating with the controllership organization on accruals and other elements of the close process
- Evolving these processes, as needed
- Participate in the company’s long-range strategic planning, as applicable
- Partner with FP&A Manager in providing front-line business partner & forecast support for the G&A organization, including capital expenditures
- Partner internally within the FP&A team on company headcount & other metrics
- Assist with and manage frequent ad hoc / strategic projects to support senior management and business decisions
- Lead process and systems improvement and scaling projects for your area and partner on cross-functional teams, to drive the company’s continued growth and scaling.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of FP&A experience or in related fields
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Proficiency with FP&A systems required, Anaplan experience is a HUGE plus
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint skills are required
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in a high-growth high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
- Very comfortable with change and challenging the status quo