Position Description: Okta is experiencing significant growth and is seeking an experienced, self-motivated FP&A Manager (or Senior Manager) who will be a key player in supporting Okta’s financial planning processes and providing analytical support to help drive the company’s continued growth. Additionally, this person will be partnering with individual department heads for the Customer First organization to understand historical and future spending and will be involved with the company’s P&L forecasting/reporting processes, monthly close processes, and quarterly reporting requirements.
The ideal candidate for this role has 5+ years of FP&A experience, is highly motivated, a team player, has excellent attention to detail, and has the ability to work cross functionally, as well as independently. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates seeking experience within a dynamic FP&A organization at the center of the company’s finance function.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a strategic financial advisor to the Customer Success and Professional Services organization
- Maintain and improve detailed financial models that track and analyze functional costs and their impact on the company’s overall performance
- Own the professional services revenue forecasting and P&L
- Work with the business to ensure accuracy based on operational performance
- Own the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long range strategic planning
- Partner with department owners to provide operational analysis and reporting and to drive improvements to operating expense efficiency and forecasting
- Prepare monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual variance analysis
- Play a key role in compiling and reviewing FP&A’s key metrics dashboard with a focus on aligning the format/content with our evolving business model
- Assist with and manage frequent ad hoc projects to support senior management and business decisions
- Apply advanced PowerPoint skills to ensure that Finance creates visually impactful slides for executive and Board-level presentations
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 5+ years of FP&A experience
- Investment banking or Big 4 accounting experience is a plus
- Anaplan is a HUGE plus
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are required
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in a high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
- 4 year college degree
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,400 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.