Position Description: Okta is experiencing significant growth and is seeking an experienced, self-motivated FP&A Manager who will be a key player in supporting Okta’s financial planning processes and providing analytical support to help drive the company’s continued growth. Additionally, this person will be partnering with individual department heads to understand historical and future spending and will be involved with the company’s P&L forecasting/reporting processes, monthly close processes, and quarterly reporting requirements.
The ideal candidate for this role has 4+ years of FP&A experience, is highly motivated, a team player, has excellent attention to detail, and has the ability to work cross functionally, as well as independently. This is an ideal opportunity for candidates seeking experience within a dynamic FP&A organization at the center of the company’s finance function.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve detailed financial models that track and analyze functional costs and their impact on the company’s overall performance
- Own the marketing and sales support forecasting, and work with the business to ensure accuracy based on operational performance
- Support the quarterly/annual budgeting and planning process, as well as long range strategic planning
- Partner with department owners to provide operational analysis and reporting and to drive improvements to operating expense efficiency and forecasting
- Prepare monthly/quarterly budget vs. actual variance analysis
- Play a key role in compiling and reviewing FP&A’s key metrics dashboard with a focus on aligning the format/content with our evolving business model
- Assist with and manage frequent ad hoc projects to support senior management and business decisions
- Apply advanced PowerPoint skills to ensure that Finance creates visually impactful slides for executive and Board-level presentations
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 4+ years of FP&A experience
- Anaplan is a HUGE plus
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills are required
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in a high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work