Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of the general ledger accounting activities, such as Prepaids, Fixed Assets, T&E Expenses, Debt, and various department Expense Accruals
- Review accounting schedules relating to Internal-Use Software (ASC 350-40) and Leases (ASC 842)
- Lead the day-to-day general ledger activities, including reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Manage and understand intercompany activities, allocations, and the consolidations process
- Monthly balance sheet and P&L flux analysis that provide insight into key business drivers
- Coordinate and contribute to Consolidated Corporate Reporting to provide insight for executive management
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Partner cross-functionally with AP, FP&A and various functional business owners to establish best practices, as well as drive on-going process refinement to improve the efficiency and accuracy of GL accounting and reporting
- Mentor, coach and develop the team
- Assist in the development and implementation of global accounting policies, procedures and company-wide initiatives and identify opportunities for process improvements
- Maintain and enhance the internal controls over operational accounting processes and systems
- Work with external audit firm for quarterly reviews and annual audits and ad hoc requests
- Ensure compliance with SOX for GL Accounting documents, processes, programs and policies
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience, including 3+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and CPA preferred
- Prior experience in both public accounting (ex. Big 4) and industry at a publicly traded company
- Solid working knowledge and application of US GAAP, SEC regulations, and SOX/internal controls
- Ability to partner, collaborate and influence across functional areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic setting while maintaining accuracy and delivering against deadlines
- Motivated to work cross-functionally in a role that requires fostering strong relationships with multiple business partners
- Understanding of SaaS business model
- Advanced analytical and modeling skills with the ability to interpret and analyze data
- Experience with Enterprise ERP systems (i.e. NetSuite, Oracle, SAP)
- Proficient with Google Workspace (Gmail, Sheets, Docs) and Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.