Empowering our people is a principal tenant of Okta’s core values; and our commitment to dynamic work is testament to our strong belief in those values. We empower our people by providing flexible work environments, trusting our employees to work from wherever makes them the most productive and successful. Our most precious resource is our people, and we are committed to their safety. The primary mission of our Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) team is to keep our employees safe, no matter where they work. We undertake this mission with passion, unwavering commitment and with the understanding that nothing is more important than protecting our employees.
We are seeking an innovative manager to lead and grow our GSOC team. Okta is growing at an accelerated pace and we need a GSOC Manager who can quickly develop, implement, and drive effective, scalable solutions that keep our people safe and our offices secure.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of building effective intelligence driven physical GSOC programs that support global business, is technically savvy and embraces the challenge of working in a fast paced and continuously changing environment. The ideal candidate is process focused, but people oriented. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate must be proactive, is an effective collaborator and partner builder, is a strong process writer, and adapts effectively to change under stress. The ideal candidate has strong project management skills.
- Develop a GSOC program that effectively identifies and mitigates internal and external threats to Okta’s employees, facilities, assets, and brand; reducing risk to our employees both inside and outside the office.
- Implement and drive best practice standards with emphasis on protective intelligence, security technology, actionable metrics, and training to deliver a highly effective and responsive GSOC program.
- Develop effective, written procedures with clearly defined, measurable controls.
- Build an expert team of contracted GSOC Operators and Threat Analysts and ensure the team is technically proficient, cohesive, and highly responsive.
- Develop and implement a training program that ensures optimal team proficiency.
- Leverage best in class technology to collect and assess information from open and proprietary sources to evaluate internal and external threats and mitigate risk.
- Produce credible, relevant intelligence products that support the business both tactically and strategically.
- Develop actionable metrics that assess effectiveness of security controls and culture of security within the company.
- Partner closely with Okta’s Legal, HR, Audit, Travel, Business Technology, Business Continuity, Physical Security, Health & Safety, and Workplace Operations teams to support operations, initiatives, projects and programs.
- Ensure Okta’s security controls and technology align with industry best practices and standards.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies in the physical security sector and work with the Business Technology team to strategically plan for appropriate technology implementations.
- Manage GSOC operating budget ensuring both cost and operational efficiency.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate government and private sector intelligence sharing organizations.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- 6+ years proven experience managing security operation centers supporting global business operations. Preference will be given to GSOC management experience that includes protective intelligence deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience in implementation/use of SaaS based access control and video management solutions (Expertise with Brivo and OpenPath platforms are a plus).
- Strong experience with incident alerting and mass notification platforms (Crisis24, Everbridge, OnSolve, etc).
- Proficient in use of social media monitoring tools (eg: LifeRaft, Dataminr)
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace or similar applications. Must be proficient in formulas, charts, graphs, data import.
- Ability to prepare professional powerpoint and written presentations suitable for executive level briefings.
- Demonstrated experience in managing technical projects.
- Experience in building diverse, cohesive teams, and leading people.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision and make sound, quick decisions under pressure.
- Detailed oriented and a strong process developer/writer (Experience with Confluence preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.