Okta is building out its global tax function and is looking to recruit an experienced professional in the newly-created role of Income Tax position. Reporting to the Company’s Senior Tax Director and based at Okta’s global headquarters in San Francisco, California, this role will touch each of the components of our global tax function, including tax planning, reporting, audits and compliance. This position is newly created, so this position will play an instrumental, hands-on, pioneering role in developing the Company's overarching tax strategies and creating the necessary processes and systems to support them.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax provision requirements under ASC 740 and related financial statement disclosures
- Retrieve and analyze financial data across all legal entities
- Model potential tax accounting implications of tax planning initiatives
- Prepare quarterly and annual ASC 718 (FAS 123R) calculations
- Responsible for collecting, understanding, and reporting worldwide accounting for uncertain tax positions (FIN 48)
- Preparation of final quarterly and annual journal entries
- Support tax process documentation and SOX controls
- Assist with the preparation of the U.S. federal and state income tax returns. Responsibilities include both U.S. domestic and international aspects of the preparation, such as book tax difference computations (e.g. depreciation and amortization), all related foreign forms (e.g. 5471, 8858), foreign tax credits and foreign earnings and profit computations.
- Prepare reconciliation of the Company’s domestic and foreign tax-related balance sheet accounts
- Assist with updating the Company’s annual and long range forecasts
- Assist with preparing monthly, quarterly and annual Sales and Use Tax filings, GST/VAT and other domestic and international tax filings.
- Support in the management of tax audits
- Develop financial modeling in support of tax planning and initiatives evaluation
- Prepare insightful analytics summary for management review
- Build collaborative working relationships across the organization
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of public accounting and/or industry accounting experience including income tax accounting and compliance
- Experience and proficiency preparing tax workpapers supporting federal and state income and non-income tax filings
- Experience in federal and state tax compliance including nexus, multi-state apportionment rules (e.g., cost-of-performance versus market-sourcing versus single-sales factor, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Have excellent analytical skills, ensure results are accurate and able to communicate findings in a precise and simple manner
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with strong ownership of his/her function
- Results driven with high level of initiative, teamwork, urgency, accountability and integrity
- Demonstrates hands-on willingness to accept challenging projects outside areas of experience
- Hard working, quick learner with a positive ''can do'' attitude
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent organizational, technical, analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work