We are looking for an IT Engineer with an Identity background to join our IT team that configures and manages our internal instance of Okta. This position works directly with the Okta on Okta Manager be on the forefront of testing and implementing Identity as a Service (IDaaS) solutions which not only secure our environment but also showcase the power of our platform. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a penchant for problem and puzzle solving and who can rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools. If you have a passion for working with new technology and being in a fast paced, high-energy environment, then this is the opportunity for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Configuration and management of the Okta instance that supports our internal business needs
- Mentorship and knowledge sharing with our global IT Support team around how Okta is configured as well as training for newly rolled out Okta features
- Level 3 support for longstanding Support requests where a resolution has not been found/implemented/determined to not be in line with Okta's long term strategies
- L2 and L3 support for application specific problems integrated with our Okta instance
- Provisioning design, configuration, and implementation for internal Okta integrated applications
- Internal Okta software re-configurations, upgrades, transitions including not only the technical elements, but supporting and driving the Change Management elements including org wide communications
- Working with business owners to ensure permissions are properly defined within applications, based off Okta provisioning
- Implementing SAML application login connections
- Vendor relationships during SAML/Provisioning configuration if not well supported
- Identification and conversion of deployed business application authentication from SWA to SAML
- Participation in as many BETA programs that are relevant and provide feedback
- Implementing Okta Policy management (mobile, password, sign-on)
- Assistance to Okta product teams with design of key features when input is required
- Point of contact for VMO in vendor upgrades, new offerings, and procurement
- Participation in vendor meetings for designing and supporting further features such as SSO, Provisioning, etc. (Ex: GitHub, Jira, Slack, etc.)
- Identification and implementation of third party ISV to third party ISV direct integrations if available and useful to the business
- Creation of best practice documentation and process recommendation/implementation for first time procedures (Ex: Name change procedures)
- Participation in testing early in-progress (and production ready) features in Sandbox and staging environments with all available devices (Mac, iPad, Android Tab, iPhone, Android Phone, Chromebook, etc.)
- Deployment of new sandbox applications and creation of imitating production configuration, to replicate changes before being released in production
- Minimum 5 years’ experience SAAS and Identity-based technologies (SAML, SWA, SSO)
- 1-2 years’ experience application configuration and administration
- Technical degree or related work experience required
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Self-starter with initiative and high figure it out factor
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to plan and roadmap
- Proven desire to take ownership of tasks and projects and follow through to completion
- Experience with a wide set of SaaS products such as: Office 365, Google Apps, Atlassian, Salesforce.com, Workday
- Experience working and coordinating with a distributed team and adept at working in an interrupt-driven environment
- Bonus: Experience in any of the following: ITIL, Okta, Workday, NetSuite, Salesforce.com, Atlassian products
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.