Okta IT is looking for a savvy IT Support Engineer to help us exceed our goal of being known as the Best IT Team ever! You'll help us do this by solving a variety of technical IT requests whilst delivering an incredible Employee Experience and knowing that it's never just an interaction – it’s building relationships. Daily you will provide support to our internal users, knowledge share with the global IT team and help drive a fun, quality focused environment. You'll be comfortable owning and managing internal IT administrative tools, maintaining department documentation, enforcing our policies & procedures and helping to ensure the proper use of our internal systems. You'll work with the IT Leadership team on department and organization wide projects to help further the development of Okta’s products and features.
A successful IT Support Engineer must have a strong understanding of all common internet applications, hardware, mobile phones and devices, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great attention to detail and will be comfortable working in a fast paced, interrupt driven environment.
Our goal is to make sure that the Organization is provided with fantastic employee experience and that they have everything they need to be successful.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing in person and remote support our global staff (all worker types and employee levels). Requests will come in a variety of forms such as tickets, walkups, slack and email.
- Experience working in a Public company with a high focus on Security and compliance (asset/application access), policy/process adherence and an appreciation for how to translate those requirements/policies into End User communications
- Administer a variety of SaaS applications including: Okta, O365, Box, Github, Atlassian, Slack and Jira to name a few
- Hardware management including troubleshooting build issues, resolving End User machine issues, imaging and policy remediation efforts
- Support our weekly New Hire Orientation classes including weekly new hire on boarding efforts, providing training, delivering on boarding documentations, and helping ensure that all new hires are setup for success on day one with the correct hardware and access
- Event Support (Oktane, SKO, NEO)which may require travel
- Inventory and asset management via Oomnitza including receiving and building of hardware as well as ongoing management of assets (loaners, redeploying used assets, EOL older assets, loss prevention, e)
- Create, update, and maintain knowledge articles in our knowledge management system
- Strive to achieve resolution of all interactions on first touch whenever possible while proactively and conscientiously balancing competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Ability to identify potential user issues as larger system or company-wide incidents
- Bring a positive and fun spirit to the work you do each and every day
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with Mac and PC technical support
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in a heavily SaaS based environment wherein you managed User/Role based access to systems
- Service Desk experience required
- Technical degree or related work experience required
- Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude
- Self-starter with initiative and a high 'figure it out'factor
- Proven desire to take ownership of tasks and projects and follow through to completion
- Experience working independentlyas well as with a globally distributed team and adept at working in an interrupt-driven environment
- Bonus: experience in any of the following: ITIL, Casper Suite, Okta, Windows fleet management, Mimecast, Oomnitza, ServiceNow
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A "disabled veteran" is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.Why are you being asked to complete this form?
Because we do business with the government, we must reach out to, hire, and provide equal opportunity to qualified people with disabilities1. To help us measure how well we are doing, we are asking you to tell us if you have a disability or if you ever had a disability. Completing this form is voluntary, but we hope that you will choose to fill it out. If you are applying for a job, any answer you give will be kept private and will not be used against you in any way.
If you already work for us, your answer will not be used against you in any way. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we are required to ask all of our employees to update their information every five years. You may voluntarily self-identify as having a disability on this form without fear of any punishment because you did not identify as having a disability earlier.How do I know if I have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cerebral palsy
- Muscular dystrophy
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Impairments requiring the use of a wheelchair
- Intellectual disability (previously called mental retardation)
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/ofccp.
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud connects and protects employees of many of the world's largest enterprises. It also securely connects enterprises to their partners, suppliers and customers. With deep integrations to over 5,000 apps, the Okta Identity Cloud enables simple and secure access from any device. Thousands of customers, including Experian, 20th Century Fox, LinkedIn, Flex, News Corp, Dish Networks and Adobe trust Okta to work faster, boost revenue and stay secure. Okta helps customers fulfill their missions faster by making it safe and easy to use the technologies they need to do their most significant work.