IT Support Engineer
Okta IT is looking for a savvy IT Support Engineer to help us exceed our goal of being known as the Best IT Team ever!
You'll help us do this by solving a variety of technical IT requests whilst delivering an incredible Employee Experience and knowing that it's never just an interaction – it’s building relationships.
Daily you will provide support to our internal users, knowledge share with the global IT team and help drive a fun, quality focused environment across our EMEA region.
You'll be comfortable owning and managing internal IT administrative tools, maintaining department documentation, enforcing our policies & procedures and helping to ensure the proper use of our internal systems.
You'll work with the IT Leadership team on department and organisation wide projects to help further the development of Okta’s products and features.
A successful IT Support Engineer must have a strong understanding of all common internet applications, hardware, mobile phones and devices, networks and operating systems. The ideal candidate will also have great attention to detail and will be comfortable working in a fast paced, interrupt driven environment.
Our goal is to make sure that the Organisation is provided with fantastic employee experience and that they have everything they need to be successful.
As an Okta IT Support Engineer you will be:
- Responsible for providing in person and remote support our global staff (all worker types and employee levels). Requests will come in a variety of forms such as tickets, walkups, slack and email.
- Experience working in a Public company with a high focus on Security and compliance (asset/application access), policy/process adherence and an appreciation for how to translate those requirements/policies into End User communications
- Administer a variety of SaaS applications including: Okta, O365, Box, Github, Atlassian, Slack and Jira to name a few
- Hardware management including troubleshooting build issues, resolving End User machine issues, imaging and policy remediation efforts
- Support our weekly New Hire Orientation classes including weekly new hire on boarding efforts, providing training, delivering on boarding documentations, and helping ensure that all new hires are setup for success on day one with the correct hardware and access
- Event Support (Oktane, SKO, NEO) which may require travel
- Inventory and asset management including receiving and building of hardware as well as ongoing management of assets (loaners, redeploying used assets, EOL older assets, loss prevention, e)
- Create, update, and maintain knowledge articles in our knowledge management system
- Strive to achieve resolution of all interactions on first touch whenever possible while proactively and conscientiously balancing competing demands in a fast-paced environment
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Ability to identify potential user issues as larger system or company-wide incidents
- Bring a positive and fun spirit to the work you do each and every day
You could be a great fit for this team if you have:
- Technical degree or related work experience
- Mac and PC technical support experience
- Experience working in a heavily SaaS based environment wherein you managed User/Role based access to systems preferred
- Service Desk experience required
- Excellent communication skills and customer service attitude
- Self-starter with initiative and a high 'figure it out' factor
- Proven desire to take ownership of tasks and projects and follow through to completion
- Experience working independently as well as with a globally distributed team and adept at working in an interrupt-driven environment
- Experience in any of the following: ITIL, Casper Suite, Okta, Windows fleet management, Mimecast, ServiceNow
- Experience in IT Onboarding and Off-boarding
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.