Learning and Development Specialist, Okta University
Location: Remote, Americas
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta is seeking a Learning and Development Specialist to assist with project activities related to the buildout of Okta University (aka, OktaU). Reporting to the Head of Okta University, this position will support a number of projects critical to establishing OktaU’s strategy and roadmap. These projects include supporting the development of a learning technology roadmap, participating in the development of materials in support of OktaU’s onboarding initiative, and helping with the redesign of Okta’s employee facing LMS. Other projects related to the launch of OktaU and in support of its work may be necessary.
The ideal candidate is passionate about how technology enables learning in the workplace and has broad interests and/or experience in areas related to learning and development. This could include learning platform technology, instructional design, elearning, and user experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the gathering of business requirements and implementation of a learning technology roadmap
- Conduct research and analyze data on assigned projects
- Participate in the redesign of the user experience on Okta’s employee facing LMS (Cornerstone OnDemand)
- Participate in the design and development of instructional and communication materials in support of Okta University programs
- Assist with other Okta University programs as needed
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of relevant experience or degree in a related field (e.g., instructional technology, user experience design, or an education related field)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills
- Understanding of basic learning and development processes
- Instructional design and development experience a plus
- Proficient with productivity suites such as GSuite or Office365
- Experience with user interface design and/or design thinking principles a plus
- Ability to analyze data and draw relevant conclusions
The foundation for secure connections between people and technology
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 8,400 organizations, including JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Identity is at the core of everything we do. And to us at Okta, that doesn’t just mean securing the identities of our customers, but also celebrating the identities of our employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our vision is to nurture a culture of inclusion and belonging while we create balanced teams to fuel innovation and collective growth.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.